Off the subject...but...unbelievable!

19 replies to this topic
  • CJ_Baran

Posted July 26, 2002 - 10:40 AM

A 5'10" 272 pound man is sueing McDonald's, Wendy's, Kentucky Fried Chicken, and Burger King because their food has contributed to his obesity, heart disease and diabetes.

He claims that he had no idea that fast food was bad for him and that the food was high in fat, cholestoral and sodium.

Cmon...are people really that stupid and that fat and lazy that they have to blame their problems on fast food chains.

Do you know anyone that does not know that fast food is bad for them?

Sorry...just had to vent. This it crazy. Here is the link to the story.

Web Link: N.Y. man sues, claiming fast food ruined his health :) :D :D

• wylie1

Posted July 26, 2002 - 10:48 AM

Maybe all of us can sue motorcycle manufacturers for making motorcycles. Because everyone knows that motorcycle riding is bad for you. :)

• John_Lorenz

Posted July 26, 2002 - 10:56 AM

I want to sue Jihad Jonnie Walkers parents
for having had the lil SOB

Then I m gonna sue Wayne_mackel for thinking were that stupid

[ July 26, 2002: Message edited by: E.G.O.**** ]

• idaho426

Posted July 26, 2002 - 11:48 AM

What's up with this Wayne Mackel guy? Who's his son? I just figured that if anybody would know it would be you.

• mxaddict

Posted July 26, 2002 - 12:10 PM

Originally posted by idaho426:
What's up with this Wayne Mackel guy? Who's his son? I just figured that if anybody would know it would be you.

He's his own dorky loser son...

• Ridin'_MD

Posted July 26, 2002 - 01:46 PM

Amen. Wolf in sheep's clothing.

• Larry_Kleinschmidt

Posted July 26, 2002 - 01:52 PM

Great comment - He's his own dorky loser son.
I get it and I can't stop laughing.
Your great comments out do your not so great comments.

• DaveJ

Posted July 26, 2002 - 02:07 PM

Keep in mind that we have only been a health conscience society for a relatively short time. We had no idea what fast food was doing to anyone back in the 60's.

If this guy has been eating fast food for the past 15 to 30 years or so, then he has a very good case.

And the marketing of fast food to kids is quite possibly a greater violation than all the cigarette ads combined.

Next in line are Coke and Pepsi.

• John_Lorenz

Posted July 26, 2002 - 02:38 PM

Gimme a break :)

You cant be seriuos, I am not defending Fast food at all, its has finally been getting out that these foods are what is suspect for many of our kids problems, ADD, RSD and many others.

But come on, thats like saying that Drunks have a case against the alchohol makers for pickling there brains

or the Twenkie defense by Harvey Milk.

To All the Guy I refrenced was the one the only GNCC_250f / yz250f and Honda316

Plus Me thnks he is lurking about

Notice the rash of 14 year old Newbies

[ July 26, 2002: Message edited by: E.G.O.**** ]

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted July 26, 2002 - 02:56 PM

Wayne Mackel............
Maybe if you take your cpu and unplug it first, then reboot it , that may work.
Any help you need dont hesitate to ask your friends at TT.

If you do reboot, dont do it on the same electrical plug that it is currently plugged into.
Run an extension cord to the laundry room and unplug the dryer. Plug your cpu into the same plug as the dryer was plugged into.
That should do what we in the cpu industry call "CLOCKING" or in laymans terms........."SPEEDING IT UP"
It should run exactly twice as fast as B4!!! :D

For example.....
If you had a 110MHZ computer
you will now have a 220MHZ computer!!

Works great!
I have done this with at least 5 or 6 cpu's in the last year or 2!

If you need anymore help let us know! :D

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • motoman393

Posted July 26, 2002 - 04:25 PM

overclocking...woohoo! LOL

• DaveJ

Posted July 26, 2002 - 04:33 PM

On the surface it does seems crazy, but these news articles never tell the entire story.

Look at it this way.

If this man is dying from the use a product that was manufactured and promoted with the knowledge of its dangers, dangers that were not made public, then the fast food companies are liable.

We only think this is absurd because we have knowledge about fat and fast foods. We know they are not good for us. But did any us know that in the 60's or the 70's? What if they did, but never told us?

Did we forget that during the last Winter and Summer Olympics that McDonalds promoted their foods as "the food of Olympic athletes"?

How are kids, even adults, supposed to deal with that?

Remember when smoking was marketed as being safe, or in same cases promoted good health? This was taking place when the manufactures had clear evidence that smoking was killing people.

Now what if I told you that the manufactures of Coke and Pepsi know that their products destroy human digestive tracts - that they already know that this will keep many people from living past their 80's, but they don't warn us because they know it would destroy their key product line? In a few years, something of this nature will be public knowledge.

In 10 more years, we'll be disgusted that anyone was stupid enough to drink that stuff.

They may even add stuff to Coke and Pepsi, making it addictive. Sound familiar?

Btw – I drink Coke and Pepsi, with full knowledge of its health hazards. Same with milk.

• John_Lorenz

Posted July 26, 2002 - 04:58 PM

I stoped drinking coke when my uncle showed how good it was to break loose a rusted bolt.

try it its unbalievable.

I undrstand what you are saying, I just think the world is nuts

• BlueBlur426

Posted July 26, 2002 - 05:00 PM

LMAO. Yeh, plug it into the dryers might even see some fireworks!

• beezer

Posted July 26, 2002 - 06:49 PM

Fat people should die young, didja ever have to sit next to one on an airplane? Yes and it is glandular not because I stuff my face with junk food. I'm a fat slob and I can't control myself so I'm going to make some scumbag lawyer rich. The only thing these lawsuits accomplish is to line some greedy,soul-less lawyers pocket. You will still see the same fat bastards lined up three deep at McDonalds for more of the same. Any semi-intelligent person knew thirty years ago greasy food is no good for you. My mother knew, thats why I had to eat broccoli and peas. It's natural selection, the poor, the stupid and the weak will always die first.

• Florida_426

Posted July 28, 2002 - 02:35 PM

I stand by my post on personal responsibility on the Yamaha civil caes in another thread. We all have been told about the food groups and healthy eating all through school and in the media, Our patents knew what was good for us and responsible parents and adults can choose the right foods and portions. Quit whining and start taking responsibility for your self and your family. Tort reform is a must if our country is to survive in a decent fiscal state.
Bill Barnard

• DethWshBkr

Posted July 28, 2002 - 03:50 PM

The sorriest part of this all, isn't the stupidity of the people doing the suing, it's the fact that the lawyers take the case, and that the courts allow such a case.

• 250f_#97

Posted July 29, 2002 - 04:18 PM

• Scott_F

Posted July 29, 2002 - 06:11 PM

Beezer nailed it. What about personal responsibility for one's health? I woke up to the food conspiracies in the 70's. The last time I ate at any fast food place was around '77 at McDeath. I threw up my last junk food, literally and metaphorically. Soon after, I shook off my caffeine addiction, eliminating coffee and all sodas. I continued to learn and evolve over the years, and now I don't eat anything if I don't know or approve what is in it.

I recommend to anyone that they eat according to the Food Pyramid, and minimize or eliminate all animal products. Keep it as natural as possible.

Speaking of airlines, did you all here about the airline that wanted to charge obese people for two seats? The obese pigs were in an uproar! I think they should charge airline tickets just like they do freight, by the pound!!!

Originally posted by beezer:
Fat people should die young, didja ever have to sit next to one on an airplane? Any semi-intelligent person knew thirty years ago greasy food is no good for you.

• yznvegas

Posted July 29, 2002 - 06:34 PM

Scott wrote: "I recommend to anyone that they eat according to the Food Pyramid, and minimize or eliminate all animal products. Keep it as natural as possible."

Yznvegas: You obviously know nothing about nutrition. The reason America is so fat is because of that stupid food pyramid. Don't you know that a diet high in carbs makes your FAT. Or do you still read your health books from the 50s??? You sound like a damn vegitarian anyway, no damn protein, no damn brains.

Related Content

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.