How fast is a TT-R 125L

9 replies to this topic
  • paoutdoorsman

Posted July 04, 2004 - 06:12 AM

I know this is the wr forum, but I'm sure some of you guys have experience with this great little bike as well. Anyone know what speed a TT-R 125L will run?

• ddialogue

Posted July 04, 2004 - 06:20 AM

Cyclenut51 mentioned he geared his up a couple of teeth and it will go about 60mph. I think it was in the dualsport forum.

• dirtsquirt101

Posted July 04, 2004 - 06:28 AM

Actually, the bike is really slow. Sometimes when I'm trying to go fast on it I catch myself jerking all my weight forward a million times over to try and help build momentum. This is what I used to do with my gocart because that was really slow too.

• Whoya

Posted July 04, 2004 - 07:37 AM

I know this is the wr forum, but I'm sure some of you guys have experience with this great little bike as well. Anyone know what speed a TT-R 125L will run?

Up hill or down hill?

• r1superstar

Posted July 05, 2004 - 09:02 AM

My wife has one. It feels like the TTR-125L hits approx. 45 MPH.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tetfsu

Posted July 05, 2004 - 10:46 AM

Faster than sitting on the couch, slower than the 400/426/450's that this forum is usually for.

And don't forget to cut the gray wire, pull the plug and airbox lid and cut the T-stop. :devil:

:thumbsup:

• r1superstar

Posted July 05, 2004 - 01:04 PM

Faster than sitting on the couch, slower than the 400/426/450's that this forum is usually for.

And don't forget to cut the gray wire, pull the plug and airbox lid and cut the T-stop. :thumbsup:

:devil:

Hmmmmmm, what an ASS! :awww:

• YamahaSteve

Posted July 05, 2004 - 08:36 PM

The TTR will go just as fast as my WR450.....

Down a mineshaft, that is!! :thumbsup:

• law_boy

Posted July 06, 2004 - 02:58 PM

On a flat, smooth-as-pavement dry lake bed at Johnson Valley OHV area in California, my wife's stock TT-R 125L did 55-58 wide-open according to the speedometer on my xl600r pacing it. Of course, I don't know how calibrated my xl600r speedo is but I know it is pretty close. Hope that helps.

• cyclenut51

Posted July 06, 2004 - 03:25 PM

I'm running 16/53 gearing with taller than stock Bridgestone BT45 (street) tires. The best I've seen is 65 MPH, likely with a 'favorable' wind. 60 to 63 MPH is probably fair with this setup. That's WFO too.

Keep in mind that stock gearing is 13/54. I also have the airbox modded, BBR air filter, 200X carb, BBR exhaust and Hotcam. The speed was measured using a Vetta bicycle computer, with the exact wheel circumference entered. It's supposed to be accurate within 1/10 (?) MPH. It's dual sported now, so I may even try a 50 or 49 tooth rear sprocket. It revs out fine, just a little more lazily than before.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.