Broken Frame Weld ??

2 replies to this topic
  • Siers55

Posted July 04, 2004 - 05:11 AM

I was at a race last night and I broke a weld on the frame. It is just below the tank where the sub-frame mounts to the frame. A guy at the track told me that was the third one of those he had seen. Has anybody else had this happen? I checked the post and did not see any post.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • YZFan

Posted July 04, 2004 - 06:40 AM

Do a search for cracked frames there has been a problem with YZF frames cracking by the steering stem but I have never heard of them braking there. You can buy a used frame off of ebay for about the same cost of getting the frame fixed. Good luck Oh by the way I had to replace my 99 frame due to cracking at the steering stem. I am usning a 01 frame now.

• Siers55

Posted July 04, 2004 - 10:41 AM

The weld is pretty small. I will check e-bay. I had planned to simply have it welded.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.