Clymer or Yamaha manual?

6 replies to this topic
  • idaho426

Posted July 26, 2002 - 09:00 PM

I got a used '01 without an owners manual. Which should I buy, Clymer or the Yamaha owners manual.

• John_Lorenz

Posted July 26, 2002 - 09:20 PM

I bought the clymer just to complement the Yamaha Manual.

You can never have enough information...

Get Both

• sirthumpalot

Posted July 26, 2002 - 10:28 AM

Send me a PM with your email address and I'll send you links to the online version of the '01 manual. you can print it out.

[ July 26, 2002: Message edited by: sirthumpalot ]

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • wylie1

Posted July 26, 2002 - 10:38 AM

Idaho426 I have the yamaha service manual for the 01 YZ426 that I will sell you. I just sold my 426 and I am selling the service manual. I am selling some things in the TT for sale section and I forgot all about the service manual until I read your post. To answer your question, I only had the service manual and I was able to figure out most most of my questions with it. If I couldnt figure it out from the manual then I could usually fill in the gaps by either posting a question here on TT or using the search function. I agree with EGO though, if you can afford it get both. Also, some guy posted mosted of the 01 service manual in bit-map form awhile back. So you might be able to download that for free and just buy the clymer manual. Then you would have both.

• idaho426

Posted July 26, 2002 - 11:40 AM

Check your pm's. Idaho
:) :D :D

• Slymax

Posted July 27, 2002 - 11:38 AM

I always give the service manual with the bike when I sell my bikes. It belongs with the bike as far as I'm concerned. Why don't you just ask the guy who sold it to you if you can have it, he probably just forgot about it. Also comes with rebuild kit and stand, maybe he'll give you those too, if he still has them.

• sirthumpalot

Posted July 29, 2002 - 04:19 AM

Mine did not come with a rebuild kit. Maybe that's a non-US option?

Related Content

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

Help with 2000 yz426 by weekend woods racer

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  36 replies

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.