Broken Throttle cable, which one to order?

4 replies to this topic
  • InChanWeTrust

Posted July 03, 2004 - 01:08 PM

Hey All,
I was out riding this morning and the throttle cable snapped. I used the cable that closes the throttle if it jams to limp back to my trailer. It was hard to ride while twisting the throttle forward for more gas. Anyway I need to figure out which cable to order. PN 17910-MBN-670 CABLE A, OR PN 17920-MBN-670 CABLE B. When seated, it is my understanding from parts guy that cable A is furthest forward on bike/throttle assembly. This assumes that assembly is pointing up. Question is which cable opens the throttle? I would go look, but I'm helping my girlfriend paint new apartment, 50 miles from my bike. I plan to order from service honda, unless you have other sources. BTW, Service Honda price $16.53, honda dealer wants $28 and change. Don't you just love dealers!
Chan

• Thorpey

Posted July 03, 2004 - 02:52 PM

Try going to [url=bikebandit.com]. Under OEM search, Handle, lever, cable- you can see the cables as well as how they enter the throttle. Looks like A (#1) to me. 21.62 + shipping. Good luck!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Kritter

Posted July 04, 2004 - 04:06 AM

Who sells both the cables in a longer version? I raised my bar mounts and moved them forward and it needs an extra inch or so to be to my liking.

A direct link to some place I can purchase them would be awesome.

• desertyeticheyenne

Posted July 05, 2007 - 11:48 AM

I found a small motocycle shop specializing in drag bikes in my area that builds cables and can lenghten/shorten using your sheath, the average cost is around $15-$25 per cable and a 1 day turn around time. Check some race shops in your area to see if they offer this service. The shop I am referring to is in Escondido, Ca. if this will work for you p.m. me and I will give you the #

T.Lee

• calxi

Posted July 05, 2007 - 12:28 PM

http://www.motionpro...acement_cables/

Also sells throttle housing

Related Content

Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 8 replies
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Supercross Preview 2017 Part 1: Championship Contenders by Chris Cooksey

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  171 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.