Starting the WR

3 replies to this topic
  • Harold_in_So_Cal

Posted June 04, 2001 - 09:53 PM

In this month's issue of Dirtbike, there's a great article of starting the WR by Ron Lawson in the "From the Saddle" section. Its pretty funny and sadly accurate.

Harold

• MN_Kevin

Posted June 05, 2001 - 02:12 AM

Harold,
Is your bike starting yet...consistantly that is? :)

------------------
'99 WZ/YR (you choose!) with ALL YZ mods, de-octopused, DSP Doug Henry airbox w/ velocity stack, FMF PowerBomb header, Stroker SX-1 silencer, SS front brake line, forked over by Pro-Action (and then fixed by me), OEM YZ tank, IMS YZ seat, carb mods by Jim Dean, Andy in OZ, & Sir "Taffy" from Jolly Old England, AMA, NESC, and I use MOBIL 1 Oil, with ZERO problems.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Harold_in_So_Cal

Posted June 05, 2001 - 12:12 PM

Kevin-

Well I thought my bike was starting well. No problems starting if I just cut off the engine. But if I drop the bike or stall in a weird way. I still get some problems. Short of trying new electronics, I've had most of the stuff checked out (its been a while). I also tried James Dean suggestion on only going 3/4 out on the pilot screw.

This weekend at one point I couldn't get it started. I finally gassed it (yes I thought "Never touch that throttle") and it started right up. Thats what made that Dirt Bike article so funny.

You riding much or just causing trouble?

Harold

[This message has been edited by Harold in So Cal (edited 06-05-2001).]

• MN_Kevin

Posted June 05, 2001 - 12:31 PM

Harold,
I am laid up after knee surgery. There is a mini eastern Moab coming up next week in PA. I will be riding, although don't know how intensley, depends on my knee.

I have done basically zero riding this entire year!

------------------
'99 WZ/YR (you choose!) with ALL YZ mods, de-octopused, DSP Doug Henry airbox w/ velocity stack, FMF PowerBomb header, Stroker SX-1 silencer, SS front brake line, forked over by Pro-Action (and then fixed by me), OEM YZ tank, IMS YZ seat, carb mods by Jim Dean, Andy in OZ, & Sir "Taffy" from Jolly Old England, AMA, NESC, and I use MOBIL 1 Oil, with ZERO problems.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.