oil change

2 replies to this topic
  • geeeorge

Posted July 02, 2004 - 04:06 PM

i just finished the breakin period for my yz450. For changing the oil where in the world is that freaking step #3 drain plug. The description in the owners manual is terrible. Someone please help. :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • stroker101

Posted July 02, 2004 - 04:12 PM

there's a main drain plug under the engine (use a 12mm 6pt socket), a smaller drain plug to the left of main drain, shifter side(use a 8mm wrench) then there's the the drain plug on the frame just between the radiators(use a 12mm 6pt socket)hope this helps. :thumbsup:

• gonzo

Posted July 03, 2004 - 03:50 PM

Oh your gonna love the #3 plug too. It's my least favorite screw on the whole bike. Easy coming out major pain going back in.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.