Ya heard of Indian air, how about ancient air

26 replies to this topic
  • Shawn_Mc

Posted July 24, 2002 - 03:11 PM

Here's and old guy actin like a kid! (Me!) :)

Posted Image

Wahoooooo :D

• thumper4life

Posted July 24, 2002 - 03:34 PM

super-imposed! SUPER-IMPOSED! :)

• Shawn_Mc

Posted July 24, 2002 - 03:38 PM

no it isnt, heres another, its the next jump after that table. Ya come down from there make a pretty hard left then nail it to clear this little double.

Posted Image

• Shawn_Mc

Posted July 24, 2002 - 03:43 PM

I'll see if I can get some better ones next time Im out. We keep fiddlen with the camera for clarity. If we knew what we were doing with the camera, we'd have lots better pic's. Besides, if I was going to super impose something, it wouldnt be something like that. Id shoot one roosting Keving Windam or something. Heck, I needed Ego help just to post the dang thing.

• John_Lorenz

Posted July 24, 2002 - 04:12 PM

And thats a bad thing :)
What digital camara do you have?

Maybe Me can help

[ July 25, 2002: Message edited by: E.G.O.**** ]

• thumper4life

Posted July 24, 2002 - 04:39 PM

lol! i was just yankin your D.I.D. 520 man

wheres everyone else on that track?! i'd like to have some room to myself once in awhile to make some jumps on my own :)

• dmxracing

Posted July 24, 2002 - 07:08 PM

Ancient air my ass!!! That tabletop at Elsinore is pretty damn big and throws you pretty high. I still don't have the sac to clear that thing. Nice pics Shawn...

• Fly-nBri

Posted July 25, 2002 - 02:32 AM

Sweet Shawn!!
Ancient meaning he's as old as I am! LOL!
Not bad for an old man!
And the pics don't look that bad at all. Post more when ya can....it gives this old man inspiration!!!

• yznvegas

Posted July 25, 2002 - 05:21 AM

Nice pics man.

• Hokie

Posted July 25, 2002 - 05:34 AM

Here is a "Not quite as ancient or as big as Shawn MC" air.
(Me)

Posted Image

[ July 25, 2002: Message edited by: Hokie ]

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted July 25, 2002 - 07:24 AM

What is the distance ft' on the table and on the dbl.

The table looks about the same as the one I broke my foot (in 7 places) on last CINCO de Mayo 01'!!!!
That one is 90' top-top
It has a good burmed corner/downhill run , but the scary thing is that 11-12' ramp!!!!

• John_Lorenz

Posted July 25, 2002 - 07:36 AM

Well here is me doing a one hander, no leger half super man on the ground Beat that one
Posted Image

• Shawn_Mc

Posted July 25, 2002 - 08:06 AM

LOL Ego you rock!

I have no idea how long that table is, next time I go out, im gonna measure it. Ive got one of those measuring walking wheel deals. But I almost dont want to know. :)

• Shawn_Mc

Posted July 25, 2002 - 08:17 AM

Thumping hucker, the run at that table is kinda all over the map. After they water the track, the run at it is really slick, and you (or at least I) spin the tire all the way to it. Scary, ya hit the face wound up pretty hard in 4th all sideways and slimin out the mud and ya get the moment of truth deal coming at ya like "shoot, Am I goin fast enough here, do I brake and try to roll this or take the shot when I come up short?" You wouldnt think coming up short on that is a big deal, but when ya do, ya drop outa the sky like a freakin rock and hit like a ton of bricks. I remember once noticing all the mud flyin off my bike like a big splatter after coming up about 5 feet short. Got real friendly like with the bar pad.

• Hokie

Posted July 25, 2002 - 09:32 PM

Hey Shawn MC,

What is your riding skill level, or how long have you been riding?

I started about 3 years ago and I know I wouldn't jump that table yet. Hopefully when I get to "Ancient" status my cajones will have grown enough for an attempt.

[ July 25, 2002: Message edited by: Hokie ]

• Shawn_Mc

Posted July 25, 2002 - 10:16 AM

Id call myself, a VET Intermediate. Ive ridden on and off my whole life. I rode moto back in the 80's for a bit, but got tired of being in the hospital. :) But I met some people in the early 90's that rode the dunes. So it had been a good 9 years since throwing a leg over a dirtbike, and these folks said come out with us. I rode this ladies old beat up 200x three wheeler. Gawd what a hunk! Anyway, we went over to Oldsmobile hill, and one of the guys says, hey ya wanna ride my CR500 up the hill, thinkin Im gonna say no, I say "hell ya" He's all like "uh... ok" (personally, I wouldnt turn an open class two stroke over to someone Id met 20 mins ago, especially when he's riding a POS 200X). I digress, I launched that thing up Olds, and it died 1/3 of the way up. Gas off. Everybodies down there laughin at me, I turned the gas on, fired it up, spun it around and ripped up the rest of the hill. Starting half way up is a bitch. I re-lined up with a GSXR powered quad and smoked him. I rode it back and got off, and was re-hooked. And hooked bad. That was thanksgiving weekend. By Christmas, I had my own CR500. The I met my wife, and her sisters husband rode moto. So I tried a bit on the CR. Im good, but not THAT good. He was smokin me left and right, till I got my thumper. I love my thumper.

• Uncle_Rich

Posted July 25, 2002 - 11:25 AM

Hey E.G.O.****
You stole that move from me
But thats OK you can keep it
At 55 yrs. old I dont like doing tricks like that anymore anyway

Rich

• SLO_Rider

Posted July 25, 2002 - 02:29 PM

How about some "kid" air? I'd like to share a pic of my son at 7 years-old doing a 40' tabletop! Does the pic have to be located at a url address in order to post it? How do I go about doing it

[ July 28, 2002: Message edited by: SLO Rider ]

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted July 25, 2002 - 02:35 PM

Originally posted by SLO Rider:
How about some "kid" air? I'd like to share a pic of my son at 7 years-old doing a 40' tabletop! Does the pic have to be located at a url address in order to post it? How do I go about doing it?

Send it to MotoMan 393
I am sure he would be glad to post it.
It has to have an addr.
I would do it but MSN "lost" my web page!!!

:)

[ July 25, 2002: Message edited by: THUMPIN' ROCK HUCKER ]

• J.Hall

Posted July 25, 2002 - 03:51 PM

Nice air Shawn, can you or someone else over her explain to me how to post a picture? Ive tried to copy and past, drag from desktop in, and there is no paperclip or attatch tab like on my email so I cant figure it out. Good thing Im a better wrench than computer operator. Bad thing is I can build a computor but not operate one. Must be a Gene thing. Any help would be appreciated.

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.