5 replies to this topic
  • markerf

Posted June 04, 2001 - 06:46 PM

Looking for a OEM tank for a YZ400f

• MN_Kevin

Posted June 05, 2001 - 01:59 PM

try the YZ guys

------------------
'99 WZ/YR (you choose!) with ALL YZ mods, de-octopused, DSP Doug Henry airbox w/ velocity stack, FMF PowerBomb header, Stroker SX-1 silencer, SS front brake line, forked over by Pro-Action (and then fixed by me), OEM YZ tank, IMS YZ seat, carb mods by Jim Dean, Andy in OZ, & Sir "Taffy" from Jolly Old England, AMA, NESC, and I use MOBIL 1 Oil, with ZERO problems.

• MotoGreg

Posted June 05, 2001 - 06:57 PM

You most likely won't find a used one because they only last one year before they crack. I just picked up a brand new one today.

See here.

------------------
'92 GSXR 7/11 (But I never ride it so you should buy it...)
'99 YZ400F 'cause thumpers rule and two strokes drool!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mcarp

Posted June 06, 2001 - 04:43 AM

I have to disagree with Motogreg, although that's first time I have ever disagreed with his advice.

My '99 YZ tank has held up fine for 2 years. I DO NOT use the tank as a crotch bumper as perhaps some of the YZ guys do.

I think if you're real hard on it, then yes they will crack. Go easy, it should last for years.

• markerf

Posted June 06, 2001 - 06:53 AM

Would you have a number that I can call them on?

Originally posted by NH Kevin:
try the YZ guys

• mcarp

Posted June 06, 2001 - 06:56 AM

kevin means the YZ forum. Go to the upperleft portion of your screen-click all forums-then YZ426/YZ400.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.