rear sag how-to

5 replies to this topic
  • sirthumpalot

Posted July 24, 2002 - 01:23 PM

Here is a really neat sag how-to that was in this months Honda Red Rider propaganda magazine that I get. There is a whole 2-page article that I can scan for anyone interested.

Posted Image

• Fryboy

Posted July 24, 2002 - 02:36 PM

Hi SirThumpalot,

Thanks for the step by step. I would be very interested in seeing the whole article. I am new to shock adjustments and could benefit greatly. I hear that dialing in the shocks is important. Funny, when I was a kid all I knew how to do was hop on and ride (bike as is) Never even contemplated adjusting my shocks. Now that I own the fine blue beast, perhaps I need to look into this further. If you could email the rest of the article, I would appreciate it.

fry_dave@hotmail.com

Thanks,
Dave

• J.Hall

Posted July 24, 2002 - 04:51 PM

Here is a time saving tip I learned after doing it the long way a couple times. after you tap the lock ring loose spin it a good ways up. Now instead of using a hammer and long punch to tap the other ring (forever) grab the spring with your hand and turn it the direction you need to go, it will spin the ring on the body as it turns. Eventually it will get to hard but if your cranking it down but it will get you most of the way down and all the way off if you are going that way.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • J.Hall

Posted July 24, 2002 - 04:54 PM

Another tip, after you have set the "race sag" like in the photo above, check the "free sag" how much the bike sags under its own weight, too little and your spring is to soft, to much and your spring is to stiff.

• CJ_Baran

Posted July 24, 2002 - 09:23 PM

rear sag how-to...

If you stand up with your shoulders slighly arched back and loosen your butt cheeks...you can get some pretty good sag in the rear. :)

• Guest_blatham489_*

Posted July 26, 2002 - 05:14 PM

When making this adjustments, instead of getting fully dressed, (and looking like a goober walking around in your garage)I simply plop my gear bag on my lap.

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.