Race Gas with Hi Comp piston?

6 replies to this topic
  • gonzo

Posted July 02, 2004 - 01:05 AM

Do you have to run race gas to benefit from the high compression piston? I dont run it now because my bike doesnt have high enough compression to do it stock so I am not thinking I will need it by going up a point.

• Jeffro426

Posted July 02, 2004 - 04:33 AM

I run a wiseco 13.5:1 piston in my 426 and it runs just fine on premium pump gas...no pinging at all.

• berudd

Posted July 02, 2004 - 08:07 AM

It really depends to be honest. Like the other guy noted, he can run on pump gas but maybe his is better or higher octane than what you have. Your question about do you need to get the full advantage the high comp piston is not really the right question to ask. You may have to go to higher octane to get it to run correctly (no detonation) so maybe the answer to your question is "maybe". Does that help? :thumbsup: You may be able to get away with pump gas and maybe not. I suspect it will run best on a blend.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • DoctorRzed

Posted July 02, 2004 - 03:30 PM

Posted Image Posted Image

• gonzo

Posted July 02, 2004 - 03:59 PM

I was thinking of the blend too.

Man my avatar really has people going.

• Wyatt

Posted July 02, 2004 - 04:57 PM

13.5 to 1 compression is very high. I would want something better than pump gas for sure. This kind of compression can surely cause detonation on pump gas.

• Jeffro426

Posted July 02, 2004 - 04:57 PM

Posted Image Posted Image

:thumbsup: :devil:

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  91 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.