timing plug

2 replies to this topic
  • whippina426

Posted July 24, 2002 - 04:04 AM

(01 426) has anyone had their timing plug fall out. It felt like exhaust on my left leg and there was oil all over my boot. I think i caught it early so i dont think a lot of dirt got in. Could i have hurt the cdi? What if some moisture got in. Whats my next step.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • freestyle111

Posted July 24, 2002 - 04:19 AM

just get new plug.i doubt any dirt went in motor.since you felt air and oil blowing out of hole crankcase pressure would of kept dust or dirt from entering hole.it still wouldnt hurt to change oil.

• sirthumpalot

Posted July 24, 2002 - 06:26 AM

It's never come loose on me but one other person did mention that it kept falling out on them too. I don't remember who said that though (it was in a rant somewhere). I have no idea why it would fall out, is the o-ring still springy and tight?

As for dirt, ditto what freestyle said. if it was coming out that fast then I doubt that anything got in. If you want to be super safe you can pop the cover off and see if you can find any sand in there and maybe flush it a bit, but it doesn't sound like anything had a chance to get in.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.