I'm melting....

3 replies to this topic
  • 99WR400CA

Posted June 30, 2004 - 02:25 PM

I have a 99 WR400F and just installed an E-Series, currently with 7 disks and a closed endcap. My rear fender is melting where the exhaust comes out of the disks... Anyone else having this problem and does anyone make a product to correct this or know of any solutions??? :thumbsup:

• 99WR400CA

Posted July 03, 2004 - 06:17 AM

Isn't there anyone that can give me a little advice???? What about smashing some alum foil between the disks that face the fender???? Would that do more damage than good???

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • The_Blue_One

Posted July 03, 2004 - 06:22 AM

White Bros make heat shields that will protect your fender.They have ones that will cover just that side and all the way around.Here is a link to get an idea of what they look like :thumbsup:

Heat shields

• 99WR400CA

Posted July 03, 2004 - 06:34 AM

Thanks Bill, I had no idea that WB made something like that. It is perfect. I will order one Monday morning.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.