Zip-Ty Hot Start Removal?

3 replies to this topic
  • BigBlueWR

Posted June 29, 2004 - 08:18 PM

Hey guys. I'm trying to free up some space on the bars for my turn sig switch. So since I have the auto decomp cam, I'm thinking I don't need my remote hot start anymore....

I don't have the factory plunger mechanism, so can I just remove the Zip-Ty tube and air switch completely? Meaning that I would have one air hose that goes from the intake side of the carb into the hot start mechanism (it wouldn't have the "Y" that goes up to the bars/switch)?

Hope that makes sense :thumbsup:. I'll post a pic if needed.

Thanks for the help! :devil:

• Brettv

Posted June 29, 2004 - 09:49 PM

i think so, im not familiar with it, but it should work, ill swap ya my stock one if you want (99) hehe

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dmp437

Posted June 30, 2004 - 12:15 AM

I'd keep a hot start of some sort, IMO. I don't use mine very often but it's nice to have just in case. Maybe you can post a "swap" ad on the Parts Forum to get the stock plunger setup in exchange for your ZipTy setup.

• BigBlueWR

Posted June 30, 2004 - 05:44 PM

Thanks for the swap offer... Maybe I should just find a way to reclocate it on the bars. :thumbsup:

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.