Man these things crash great!

7 replies to this topic
  • Mister_Infinity

Posted June 29, 2004 - 02:09 PM

I was screwing around going too fast in my neighborhood and lost the rear end in a left turn (knobbies don't stick too great on pavement) at about 25 mph, hit the pavement and rolled, then I got up ran over to the still running bike and hit the kill switch. Picked it up and the only damage was to the end of the handlebars and the bottom of the peg, no plastics, frame, shifter or anything else damaged and is still perfectly usable. I was wearing gear so I'm not hurt either. Coming off of a Suzuki SV650S that I was unfortunate enough to crash once, it's amazing how little damage the XR suffered. I don't have to be afraid of crashing anymore!

• CRF230Fmelike

Posted June 29, 2004 - 02:16 PM

:thumbsup: i guess thats one way to find out

• AZ Thumpdaddy

Posted June 29, 2004 - 03:20 PM

I crashed on mine at 70mph in the desert. Broke the rear shock shaft and scratched/twisted the rear fender. As for me - broke my neck.

• Rokatt88

Posted June 30, 2004 - 05:17 AM

I crashed on mine at 70mph in the desert. Broke the rear shock shaft and scratched/twisted the rear fender. As for me - broke my neck.

Yep! Yessir! Now the "T" stands for "Titainium" right "T"-Diddy? :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • heliosstudios

Posted June 30, 2004 - 06:33 AM

I agree, pigs are built like tanks! :thumbsup: Just finished modding my L:

** '94 XR650L: Desnorkeled/Uni/Keihin 158-55s/Drilled Slide/Supertrapp/CRT SS Oil Filter/Mobil Delvac/Custom Magnetic Oil Plug/XR's Only Oil Temp Dipstick/Kenda K270's 510 Rear/14-49 JT Sprockets/5wt Fork Oil/Custom LED Taillight **

The Kenda rear is about 2" taller and there is no lowering link installed, so I can't get my feet flat on the ground even at 6'2"... I finished rejetting and took the pig down to some local woods real quick to test her out (without a helmet or any protective gear.) The trails were insanely tight and all overgrown. I had to stop due to pricker bushes hanging over the trail, and well there were shallow ruts on both sides of the trail from a 4-wheeler, and when I tried to put my foot down, there was nothing there but air... piggie and I fell over, and I whacked my head on a large rock. :awww: Just goes to show you should always wear a helmet when piggin' it. :lol: The bike wasn't damaged at all though. Then I dropped it again leaving the place, this time on the right side. Again, no damage. :D

Note to self... :devil:... 17" rear wheel sounds nice!

• Buckarmadillo

Posted July 01, 2004 - 05:18 PM

Just trot over and get a lowering link! Or you could just run the Kenda with no air in it........that will lower it a couple of inches. :thumbsup:

• smashinz2002

Posted July 01, 2004 - 06:52 PM

Almost lost my 650R at around 95mph one day in a field. Trying to reach top speed, hit a metal gate that was laying hidden in the grass.
HUGE JOLT!! I was about to fall off the right side of the bike, my head slammed the crossbar (w/helmet), hands yanked from bars for a second, but somehow, I guess from speed, the bike kept going straight, and I managed to regain control and climb back into position. Damn that scared the hell out of me! The impact put a nick in the front rim, but nothing major. Is that even a crash? a rolling crash maybe? I dont know but it hurt my.. 'self' a little bit from being slammed into the tank like that. Idiots leaving gates laying in fields, that sucked man.

• irondude

Posted July 01, 2004 - 08:45 PM

high sided at 90+mph on a rutted talc like dry lake, the bike cartwheeled and landed on top of me! We slid for a long time across that talc...knocked me out for a few seconds, broken wrist, ribs, major wound where the footpeg went into my leg just above the knee...had to wait for a quad to come along and lift the beast off me (i was carrying 8.5 gallons of fuel)---but i saved her, hardly a scratch on the bike!
Thank god for Asterix knee braces and good body armour...and yeah a few inches up and i wouldnt be clearing my throat any time soon... :thumbsup:
Good to see Ti-Diddy back up. :devil:

Related Content

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 7 replies

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.