Rear rim 400/426 interchange

3 replies to this topic
  • flogger

Posted June 29, 2004 - 09:16 AM

Gents,
I have a spare rear wheel for an 01 426 in the US. I have the 426 there. I have a 99 400 here in Mexico and have much more use for the wheel here if it will work. I hate to go to all the trouble to get it down here and it not fit. Do you guys know if it will change over?
Flog

• YAMAKAZE

Posted June 29, 2004 - 09:42 AM

The wheels are interchangeable, However the Brake rotors are NOT.... You must swap out the Rotor when changing out the wheel.

The 426 Rotor is about 1/2 inch wider in diameter.

Bonzai :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Matt96xr6

Posted June 29, 2004 - 03:18 PM

1/2" wider? &%$#@!? That disc is barely 1/4" thick to start with.

The 98-01 wheels will interchange. The 02 use a different hub and spokes for weight reduction. I believe the 00-01 supercede to the 02 hub now. Anyhow as long as you get the hub and spacers from the bike you should be fine.

For the rotor, the 98-01 rear is the same. The 02 is 5mm larger in diameter but runs fine on the earlier bikes with no other modifications.

• flogger

Posted July 01, 2004 - 09:11 AM

Thanks for the info guys. I think when Yamkaze said wider he was refering to the diameter. But if the 5mm difference will still work then... Away we go!
Flog

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.