Exhaust tip

4 replies to this topic
  • desmo900

Posted June 29, 2004 - 05:56 AM

Has anyone ever used the exhaust tip from Baja Designs. Says its a bolt in and is less than 96 dB. How does it compare with the HRC tip.

One more thing. How come the HRC tip for the XR400 is $55 and the XR650 tip is $130 on the Baja Designs web site. They look the same.

• qadsan

Posted June 29, 2004 - 06:08 AM

The quiet tip from BD is designed to bolt inside the HRC tip, so you must already have that for the quiet tip to work. The HRC tip for the XR650R is a factory Honda part that you can buy directly from any Honda dealer if you want. The quiet tip can easily be installed / removed with one bolt and it quiets the bike down considerably and provides better performance than the stock 'corked' tip.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Portland_650R

Posted June 29, 2004 - 09:04 AM

If you're inclined to save money, you can use a hole saw to cut the inner restriction out while still leaving the spark arrester screen (there are instructions on various sites). If that's too loud (it was for me) you can then stuff the area behind the screen with stainless steel scrubbers. Three worked for me. :thumbsup:

• BrianVT

Posted July 01, 2004 - 11:35 AM

If that's too loud (it was for me) you can then stuff the area behind the screen with stainless steel scrubbers. Three worked for me. :thumbsup:

I like it. Do you mean the oval pad type or the square, thin, flat type ? Should I drop down from a 175 main @ 2000' when I do this ? (Drilled stock tip).
I do miss the sound of the Big Gun, but I bet noone else around here does. Quiet is good. :devil:
T.i.a.,
Brian

• VelvetHog

Posted July 01, 2004 - 04:24 PM

If I remember correctly the HRC tip is $84.95 from Service Honda.

I drilled out my stock tip, but left the four "stand offs" at the back of the spark arrestor intact. While I have never put a meter on it. I swear my drilled out exhaust is quieter than the stock "corked" tip. I also think that I am not completely uncorked because the stand offs are still in place, but it is quiet and has a lot more power than stock! Less sound more ground. Spread the word.......

Related Content

Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.