Idle screw on carb

3 replies to this topic
  • XR650Man

Posted June 29, 2004 - 04:06 AM

When looking at the carb from the right hand side of the bike (foot brake side) I see two screws. Which one is the idle screw? The small one in the top right corner or the small screw in the bottom left corner? If anyone knows I would appreciate the heads up. Waiting on my manual from performance motorsports so not sure right now. Thanks in advance for the help.

• frankstr

Posted June 29, 2004 - 05:54 AM

idle screw is on left side(shifter side)with a cable in front of the choke lever up under the tank :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • XR650Man

Posted June 29, 2004 - 06:05 AM

right on. Thanks. Do you know what the screws on the right hand side are for? I'm assuming on is for the amount of air intake. Do you know what those 2 screws on the right hand side are for?

• frankstr

Posted June 29, 2004 - 10:04 AM

the screws on rite hand side,one up front is mixture screw turning in leans mix. and turn out richens mix.
Screw on bottom of carb.r.h. side is the bowl drain :thumbsup:
hope this helps ???

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Would a Young Scott Summers still be Competitive today on an XR600R? What would he ride to be competitive today? by Jayzonk

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  158 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.