speedometer

7 replies to this topic
  • motionmama

Posted June 29, 2004 - 01:29 AM

Thanks for the license plate bracket information. Anyone have a source for a speedometer to make the WR street legal. The trail endurance that comes with the trick kit is not what I want. :thumbsup:

• The_Missile

Posted June 29, 2004 - 01:49 AM

ask your dealer he can get you a small yamaha one with trip meter as well.

• r_dawg1021

Posted June 29, 2004 - 03:36 AM

This is the one I am taking my chances on:

http://www.rockymoun...?sid=0004140064

• WR450F_RDR

Posted June 29, 2004 - 03:48 AM

Try here, a lot Dual sport accessories.
http://www.fourstrok...SOProducts.html

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jim-in-so-ore

Posted June 29, 2004 - 04:02 AM

I used a speedometer from the last year model XT 350. The stock odometer cable hooks right up, but I had to build my own bracket. It has a light in it along with a resettable odometer. Plus it is fairly compact. I like it. I had 3 Trail Techs and two of them went bad so I sold the third one with out even taking it out of the box.. Plus it was too complicated for an old dog such as myself. :thumbsup:
Jim

• jchantzWR400F

Posted June 29, 2004 - 08:55 AM

You can look at speedo's on ebay. Most of them should work nicely. I used one from a 76 XS 500 I think. I paid around $6 for it. It works perfectly. Most of the jap odo's and speedo's use the same type of cable. Which means they are mostly compatible.

• xteamrider

Posted June 29, 2004 - 10:32 AM

Hey I like those Trail Tech Speedo's. Anyone put one on a WR450? Does it come with all the cables and what not that's neccessary to completely install? Any risk of water damage? I seem to ride through a lot of water.

• r_dawg1021

Posted June 29, 2004 - 05:09 PM

My link for some reason didnt work. I ordered the TrailTech speedo yesterday(79.99). From what I know it comes with all the cables and are bike specific. I'll send an update when I get everything installed. I'll installed the Speedo first cause that'll be the easiest thing...

· Precision designed for exact model fit
· Rugged construction withstands harsh racing and trail riding
environments
· Provides several functions including: Current Speed, Average Speed,
Top Speed, Distance, Overall Mileage, Accumulated Riding Time, Clock,
Maintenance Reminder and more.
· Back Lit display for night riding
· Battery life is up to 1 1/2 years
· 6 month warranty

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.