rear fender licence plate bracket

5 replies to this topic
  • motionmama

Posted June 28, 2004 - 06:12 PM

I saw they WR450F's in Australia come with turn signals and a rear fender extenstion where the license plate is mounted. Is there anyone from down under who could order me one of these rear fender license plate brackets and ship it to me or give me an email addres to person who actually returns email? Metro yamaha does not return emails. :thumbsup:

• geo199

Posted June 28, 2004 - 06:51 PM

try these people, i have one of their plate mounts and it's very nice,

• wrooster

Posted June 29, 2004 - 04:56 AM

get a SCOTTS or FOURSTROKESONLY "under fender bracket" for your license plate. i've wrecked my bike about a dozen times and i haven't managed to do much damage to my plate or the bracket...

no drilling, no fuss, 10 minutes later you are in business; click on this link:

here's what it looks like on my '01 WRF...

i do have some advice on this though -- cover the edges of your plate with duct tape or something similar. my plate has very sharp edges and i've taken this precaution so i don't get cut if i have a "major waffle" incident.

also check out this thread:

jim aka the wrooster
'01 wr250f

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mantle

Posted June 29, 2004 - 07:58 AM

• luke_n

Posted June 29, 2004 - 07:51 PM

No you really dont want one of the Australian issue plate holders they are a big mud catcher and will last right up until the second whoop.

I made one up from a piece of alloy plate, screws go through under the taillight and through the plate.

Hint the more you angle it up the harder it is to see. :thumbsup:

• TallBoysWRF

Posted June 30, 2004 - 06:36 AM

Hint the more you angle it up the harder it is to see. :thumbsup:

Go too far down and the rear wheel will take it off with half the fender oh a hard hit.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.