Holister Question

3 replies to this topic
  • Bay_Area_Thumper

Posted July 19, 2002 - 07:49 AM

Are they enforcing the 101 db limit?Or is it still voluntary?I have a qpipe on order to replace my e-series since it is to loud and just want to know if i can go riding this weekend.

• Guest_Moto_X_426_*

Posted July 19, 2002 - 03:30 PM

Hollister has not started to enforce the 101db yet to my knowledge. I was there about a week ago and I didnt hear anything about enforcing it yet. I am going tomarrow myself and still have my Titanium 4 on my 426. I think that they are still giving people time to get there bikes sound tested and aware of the whole sound testing thing. I also have a PC4 Q that I have ready for when they do start enforcing it. Have fun :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • John_Lorenz

Posted July 20, 2002 - 06:03 AM

MotoX is correct but that may have changed. I know it is not being enforced during the week, weekend is another story and they do have the Rangers at the Sound Chk Station now.

So I am not sure, I will be posting the pics and instructs on making an R4 99db, it may work on the E-series also.

I talked to the Ranger there, it appears the Chief cook and bottle washer is a little perturbed with the low turn out of volenteer, so he may be stepping up the Enforcement.

Just FYI
Once your taged clean and pass they leave you alone willnot dpuble check unless obviuos

• John_Lorenz

Posted July 20, 2002 - 03:38 PM

Dirt Dont Hurt

the only E Series that has been passing are the ones with the Quite core.

All WB (Well Except Mine Now) are failing in the 104 to 107 range. See my post "Making WB R4 sound Chk 100

Related Content

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  35 replies

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.