*** Utah riders, Hobble Creek, July 3rd 9:00am ***

41 replies to this topic
  • pedman

Posted June 29, 2004 - 08:21 AM

Windy Ridge - same area that your at....

• live_to_ride

Posted June 29, 2004 - 03:21 PM

I'll ( Posted Image *I'M* ) in for that! How 'bout a third loop?

Third loop huh? Wow, you must be in GREAT shape?

Just some serious withdrawal.

• yamaharichey

Posted June 30, 2004 - 04:46 AM

I wish I could join you guys, but thats our 4th of July celebration day. Parade in Centerville, big breakfast for all my kids etc. Next time for sure.

• r1superstar

Posted June 30, 2004 - 06:14 AM

I wish I could join you guys, but thats our 4th of July celebration day. Parade in Centerville, big breakfast for all my kids etc. Next time for sure.

You celebrate the 4th on the 3rd? Must be a Utah thing. :thumbsup:

• yamaharichey

Posted June 30, 2004 - 07:17 AM

You know it, We aren't about to celebrate the fourth on a sunday here in the land of zion. Hopefully you will be in church on sunday. :thumbsup:

• ddialogue

Posted June 30, 2004 - 09:09 AM

You know it, We aren't about to celebrate the fourth on a sunday here in the land of zion. Hopefully you will be in church on sunday. :thumbsup:

:devil: :awww: :lol: :D

• live_to_ride

Posted June 30, 2004 - 11:15 AM

LMAO!!!!!!!! Sounds like my family! No, you can't work on your car on sunday. No, you can't go to the store on sunday. No, you can't do anything with your friends on sunday. No, you can't play computer games on sunday. No, you can't breathe on sunday............ wait, well..... umm.. :devil:

• r1superstar

Posted June 30, 2004 - 12:45 PM

You know it, We aren't about to celebrate the fourth on a sunday here in the land of zion. Hopefully you will be in church on sunday. :awww:

Yes I will. I worship in the HOUSE OF WHEELS!!! :thumbsup: :devil:

• gad2

Posted July 01, 2004 - 06:46 AM

Newbie chiming in. I will follow the directions on utma.net. Approximately how long will the drive take from SLC?

From the looks of the previous posts, an after ride "soda" to celebrate the 3rd of July might be in order.

P.S. If you guys plan on keeping a race pace let me know and I'll wait for the next ride.

Todd

• mrmoto

Posted July 01, 2004 - 07:36 AM

gad2 - welcome aboard... we won't be riding race pace. Some riders will be fast and some slower. I'm included in the slower category. We'll be going around 70 miles. It'll take from 4-5 hours. I'd guess we'll be done around 2:00pm?

It's hard to keep my mind on work today. I'll I can think about is how fun this ride's going to be :thumbsup:.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ddialogue

Posted July 01, 2004 - 11:57 AM

It's hard to keep my mind on work today. I'll I can think about is how fun this ride's going to be :thumbsup:.

You're all bums...every last one of you! :devil:

• r1superstar

Posted July 01, 2004 - 12:11 PM

It's hard to keep my mind on work today. I'll I can think about is how fun this ride's going to be :D.

You're all bums...every last one of you! :devil:

:awww: :lol: Some worse than others.

Okay, here is the updated list:

mrmoto--------------(ride coordinator)
N7SLC---------------(helmet cam operator)
live_to_ride----------(third loop master)
r1-superstar---------(slow guy with HEAVY bike)
steve---------------(master-of-disaster, ride in front of me)
pedman--------------(maybe?)
gad2----------------(newbie more than welcome to join us)

Who else wants to go. Looks like we will be having a BLAST!! :thumbsup:

• live_to_ride

Posted July 01, 2004 - 04:09 PM

P.S. If you guys plan on keeping a race pace let me know and I'll wait for the next ride.

Todd

I also consider myself in the slow catagory, but I mostly try really hard not to be. My bike shows it too. :thumbsup:

• mrmoto

Posted July 02, 2004 - 04:56 AM

You're all bums...every last one of you! :thumbsup:

I do have a bum... and Saturday morning it'll be happily parked on my KTM at the top of Molly's N*pple (mountain peak at Hobble Creek - named by a lonely sheep herder). The names on the map are definately "R" rated. This means the riding is more fun here :devil:. Especially on Sunday (did I say that? blastfamy! I'll be in church.)

• redmanrandyed

Posted July 02, 2004 - 07:30 AM

Has anyone ran out of gas on this trek? My ride is an XR650R. Just wondering if I will need to strap a gas can onto the rear fender or something.
My bro. is trying to get the day off from work and my nephew is interested in joining you guys for this ride as well. We have been riding up Hobble a few times, it would be nice to see some new trails. :thumbsup:

Redmanrandyed

• live_to_ride

Posted July 02, 2004 - 08:40 AM

ARRRR...... I want to be riding RIGHT NOW!!! :thumbsup:

• mrmoto

Posted July 02, 2004 - 09:15 AM

redmanrandyed - it'll be around 70 miles. I can make it at trail pace. Wouldn't be a bad idea to bring an extra pint or two. I've carried gas in an "aquafina" bottle before. After the first 10-15 miles, I dump it into my tank. No problems.

See everybody tomorrow morning.

• r1superstar

Posted July 02, 2004 - 11:24 AM

Has anyone ran out of gas on this trek? My ride is an XR650R. Just wondering if I will need to strap a gas can onto the rear fender or something.
My bro. is trying to get the day off from work and my nephew is interested in joining you guys for this ride as well. We have been riding up Hobble a few times, it would be nice to see some new trails. :devil:

Redmanrandyed

You should be able to get over 115 miles out of that Honda. I get approx. 90 miles on my WR 426 at race pace. See everyone in the morning. :thumbsup:

mrmoto--------------(ride coordinator)
N7SLC---------------(helmet cam operator)
live_to_ride----------(third loop master)
r1-superstar---------(slow guy with HEAVY bike)
steve---------------(master-of-disaster, ride in front of me)
pedman--------------(maybe?)
gad2----------------(newbie more than welcome to join us)
redmanrandyed--------(and his posse)

Damn, what a big group. Let's be safe out there tomorrow.

• live_to_ride

Posted July 02, 2004 - 12:03 PM

I think my gimpy 2.6 gallon will get a little on the dry side, so I'm packing two 1qt gatorade bottles full of fuel. The next 17 hours need to go away! :thumbsup:

• N7SLC

Posted July 03, 2004 - 10:28 AM

I hope you guys had a good ride WITHOUT me! :thumbsup:

I got called into work because we had a radio system go down.

Crap.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.