*** Utah riders, Hobble Creek, July 3rd 9:00am ***

41 replies to this topic
  • mrmoto

Posted June 28, 2004 - 09:39 AM

Everybody's with two wheels is invited. Nothing here will be too terribly technical (there's no shame in walking around a super-tight switchback). We'll start up Springville canyon riding Kirkman Hollow through Sawmill and then connect to Diamond Fork canyon for Chase Creek, 2nd Water and 5th water trails. The full loop will be around 70 miles. The terrain is a mixture of singletrack, dualtrack, switchbacks, rocks and roots... all mixed in with beautiful mountain scenery. Be sure to bring plenty of gas. If anybody wants to do a second loop, I'll likely gas up go another 30-35 for a full 90-100 miles.

We'll meet in the usual area. For newbies who want to join, go up Springville canyon past the golf course, when you reach the fork in the road just before entering the canyon, take the right hand fork... go up the canyon around 10 miles or 15-20 minutes. If you hit a dirt road, you've gone too far. We'll be parked on the right hand side of the road. I'm driving a white dodge with a KTM in the back.

Everyone who's coming... chime in...

- Eric

• ddialogue

Posted June 28, 2004 - 01:36 PM

...there's no shame in walking around a super-tight switchback...

Don't make me link to the video of you at Ten Mile Wash!! :thumbsup: :D :awww:

I would seriously LOVE to go with you guys but I'll be down the following weekend for the UTMA Cache Valley ride in Logan. :devil:

I'm gonna get down there this summer for Hobble Creek...I promise! :lol:

• N7SLC

Posted June 28, 2004 - 02:53 PM

CHIME!!!

Oh, and I'm gonna bring my helmet cam! :thumbsup:

• live_to_ride

Posted June 28, 2004 - 04:36 PM

Everyone who's coming... chime in...

Well, gee..... I wonder if I'll go.................

:devil: Ok, ya talked me into it!!!

If anybody wants to do a second loop, I'll likely gas up go another 30-35 for a full 90-100 miles.

- Eric

I'll in for that! How 'bout a third loop? :awww: :thumbsup:

• N7SLC

Posted June 28, 2004 - 05:16 PM

I'll in for that! How 'bout a third loop? :thumbsup: :awww:

Man Chris, you're definitely going through withdrawals! :devil:

• mrmoto

Posted June 29, 2004 - 05:01 AM

Don't make me link to the video of you at Ten Mile Wash!! :devil: :lol: :awww:

Which one? The one where I was accelerating away from you?? :D Oh that's right, your video camera was only running when the trail was 2 inches wide covered with rocks going straight down the hill... I'll give you props on this one :thumbsup:. You're definately braver than I am. Wow that was some scary stuff.

So far we have 4 riders going. Are you out there Doug, Danny, or David?

• mrmoto

Posted June 29, 2004 - 05:04 AM

Phil??? Big John??? Anybody else???

• r1superstar

Posted June 29, 2004 - 05:52 AM

Phil??? Big John??? Anybody else???

CHIME!!! :thumbsup:

• mrmoto

Posted June 29, 2004 - 06:04 AM

Danny - if you're not sure how to find our staging area, I can meet you at 8:20am at the Chevron we met last ride and you can follow me up from there.

• r1superstar

Posted June 29, 2004 - 06:10 AM

Danny - if you're not sure how to find our staging area, I can meet you at 8:20am at the Chevron we met last ride and you can follow me up from there.

Hey not bad of a finish in the Wendover race, 81st overall and 4th in the class. How was the race? Seems like a small turn out. I need to race the rest of the races this year if I even have a shot at taking first in the class.

And yes, I'll meet you at Chevron at the time you've requested...............db

P.S. Where are the results for that Eureka race?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • r1superstar

Posted June 29, 2004 - 06:21 AM

I'll in for that! How 'bout a third loop?

Third loop huh? Wow, you must be in GREAT shape?

• mrmoto

Posted June 29, 2004 - 06:22 AM

Slowly improving my race results :thumbsup:.

I think you were looking at the results for the Eureka race. I don't see the Wendover results posted yet. Eureka was one hot, difficult, sandy mess. Wendover was much more fun with less sand and about 15 miles of singletrack through the trees. Next race is in Wendover again. I'll be there.

See you at Chevron at 8:20am on Saturday.

• r1superstar

Posted June 29, 2004 - 06:28 AM

Slowly improving my race results :thumbsup:.

I think you were looking at the results for the Eureka race. I don't see the Wendover results posted yet. Eureka was one hot, difficult, sandy mess. Wendover was much more fun with less sand and about 15 miles of singletrack through the trees. Next race is in Wendover again. I'll be there.

See you at Chevron at 8:20am on Saturday.

Nope, it is the Wendover results here: http://www.utahoutdo...es.com/udf.html

I will be there too on the 31st of July. :devil:

• ogrebelle

Posted June 29, 2004 - 06:44 AM

Eric,
I'm out here. I'm going through some serious withdrawls though. Between being super busy at work, vacations, cabin building, etc. my time is more scarce this year than it has been for a long time.

I would love to go on this one but am going to be helping my father-in-law build his cabin at Strawberry again. Unfortunately (from a riding standpoint), this will take up most of my weekends for the next couple of months. I will, however, try to make some of the rides so keep me posted. I've even got me some new boots that haven't even been broken in yet. Heck, they haven't even been riden in yet and I've had them for just over two months now! :thumbsup:
Doug

• r1superstar

Posted June 29, 2004 - 07:07 AM

Eric,
I'm out here. I'm going through some serious withdrawls though. Between being super busy at work, vacations, cabin building, etc. my time is more scarce this year than it has been for a long time.

I would love to go on this one but am going to be helping my father-in-law build his cabin at Strawberry again. Unfortunately (from a riding standpoint), this will take up most of my weekends for the next couple of months. I will, however, try to make some of the rides so keep me posted. I've even got me some new boots that haven't even been broken in yet. Heck, they haven't even been riden in yet and I've had them for just over two months now! :devil:
Doug

Doug,
It seems you need to get your priorites staright! :awww: Work hard and play hard. There needs to be a balance. If not, you will drive yourself MAD!. :thumbsup:

• pedman

Posted June 29, 2004 - 07:08 AM

What part at Strawberry? I'll be up there too and planning on riding maybe saturday and monday on the GWT. :thumbsup:

• r1superstar

Posted June 29, 2004 - 07:15 AM

Okay, here is the list so far:
mrmoto--------------(ride coordinator)
N7SLC---------------(helmet cam operator)
live_to_ride----------(third loop master)
r1-superstar---------(slow guy with HEAVY bike)
steve---------------(master-of-disaster, ride in front of me)
pedman--------------(maybe?)

Any others??

• mrmoto

Posted June 29, 2004 - 07:22 AM

Steve will also be coming------(master-of-disaster)

Last few rides resulted in broken bike & busted eye socket... ouch! I'm going to insist he install my daughter's throttle stop screw :thumbsup:

• ogrebelle

Posted June 29, 2004 - 07:51 AM

R1,

Doug,
It seems you need to get your priorites staright! :thumbsup: Work hard and play hard. There needs to be a balance. If not, you will drive yourself MAD!.

Did you not see the part about vacations and cabin building (enjoyable to people like me)? Really, the only thing my life is lacking right now is profuse amounts of riding but it will come. I've been riding dirt for over 20 years and I'm not gonna stop now. :devil:

Pedman,
The cabin is on the Soldier Creek side 2 minutes up the road from the marina. Where are you going to be?
Doug

• r1superstar

Posted June 29, 2004 - 08:11 AM

I did see that part, and cabin building is far from having fun. Have a Great Fourth!!............db

R1,

Doug,
It seems you need to get your priorites staright! :thumbsup: Work hard and play hard. There needs to be a balance. If not, you will drive yourself MAD!.

Did you not see the part about vacations and cabin building (enjoyable to people like me)? Really, the only thing my life is lacking right now is profuse amounts of riding but it will come. I've been riding dirt for over 20 years and I'm not gonna stop now. :devil:

Pedman,
The cabin is on the Soldier Creek side 2 minutes up the road from the marina. Where are you going to be?
Doug

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.