New tank, graphics question...

3 replies to this topic
  • oldbones

Posted June 28, 2004 - 09:05 AM

Well, I finally broke down and ordered a YZ seat and IMS tank for my '02 WR426. The way I understand it, my WR shrouds will work with the new tank. But, the graphics on my shrouds are a bit tired (2 hard years of abuse). I have looked at a couple graphics sets I like, but should I order for the YZ or the WR? Which one should fit the IMS (3.2)tank the best, and will I have to trim anyway? Any other suggestions for me?

Thanks in advance. :thumbsup:

• oldbones

Posted June 28, 2004 - 12:35 PM

bump...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Wicked_Crash

Posted June 28, 2004 - 12:51 PM

I have One Industries YZ graphics on my Clarke oversized YZ style tank. They seem to fit pretty good. :thumbsup:

• bcavmechanic

Posted July 01, 2004 - 07:25 AM

I just installed a Zip Ty oversized tank and YZ seat on my bike and I used Factory effex YZ 426 graffics on my tank and shrouds.I had to do some trimming but they turned out awesome.I think that you could possibly cut down the WR graffics but there would be a lot more trimming to do.I really only had to trim around near the shroud mounts of the tank and square off the bottom.It was quite easy to do.I think it is better to have the graffics on the tank rather than leaving it blank natural so that your knees don't scuff it up too bad.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.