Magura Slave Cylinder making funny noise?

2 replies to this topic
  • fastenuf4u

Posted June 28, 2004 - 04:59 AM

I took the old girl to get her washed after sitting in the garage for over 2 months (I know, I know). After I got it washed I was checking the levers and stuff to see if the front brake or anything else needed bled since it had been so long since I rode. Well, when I pulled the clutch in I could hear a "swoosh swoosh" sound coming from the Magura slave cylinder when I pulled the lever. Just for some background, I never got the Magura working perfectly, it always seemed to have air in the system and would lose some pressure from time to time but then firm back up.

After hearing this do you all think I may have a faulty master cylinder? I have only ridden with it once so I hope it isn't that. Thanks for the help.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Mighty_Whitey

Posted June 28, 2004 - 06:48 AM

I had the same problem.

I talked with Lonnie over at Magura about this very issue. It turns out that the noise was coming from the Magura Cylinder and is the result of getting water inside of the cylinder where the o-ring and rod is. I noticed it after I pressured washed. Probably wouldn't hurt to cover this area with a plastic baggie in the future. It is basically a small gap that is sucking air. It never became a problem for me.

Have you tried bleeding with the Magura bleed kit?

• fastenuf4u

Posted June 28, 2004 - 07:59 AM

Thanks for the reply. I doubt I'll be riding my bike before the end of July but if I do I'll be sure to cover the cylinder up.

I haven't had the chance to bleed the Magura again. Thanks for the help.

Related Content

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

• Hot  28 replies

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  57 replies

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

• Hot  79 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.