Locked Rear Brakes?

26 replies to this topic
  • oldnbold

Posted July 26, 2002 - 06:22 AM

I'm a rear brake dragger through sweeper corners and I locked up once due to too much dragging. When it cooled down it was ok but my next maintenence was to replace the old brake fluid with new as old was moisture saturated and caused the lock up. You might make sure his brake pedal is set low enough to keep from being partially engaged all the time. Most factory settings for brake height are much too high.

• MANIAC998

Posted July 27, 2002 - 02:01 AM

OldnBold, thanks for the info. Sounds like a possiblity, although he does run his pedal low. He has his new brake gear in now from acarter920, so he hasn't had the problem return yet. I too think that it was all caused from the wrong reservoir hose. All from a $2.00 hose!!! Oh well, as long as you learn from it, its not truly a mistake! And as for you EGO. You are correct sir. I should not have started this post out by saying that! But in my defense, IT WASN'T ME! HONEST!!! Maniac :)

• icemanyz250f

Posted July 27, 2002 - 10:24 PM

Trust me everyone it was deffentally Maniac who had so much trouble with his rear brakes, hehe. If he would have just listented to me and not tryed to save money on a $2.00 part he would have been all set.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MANIAC998

Posted July 29, 2002 - 06:10 PM

Iceman, Check your PM's! You little #%$*&(!!!

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted July 29, 2002 - 06:29 PM

how were your buddy's brakes working this weekend?
Did you get it straightened out??? :)

[ July 29, 2002: Message edited by: THUMPIN' ROCK HUCKER ]

• MANIAC998

Posted July 30, 2002 - 02:59 AM

I guess so. He hasn't complained yet. He got 5th this weekend, and was right on the leaders rear fender. So I think he has finally exorcised the brake demons out of his bike! Thanks guys! Maniac

• icemanyz250f

Posted July 30, 2002 - 10:09 AM

yupp i sure did get the brake problem taken care of. Its so nice to finially have good working brakes again. The bike was working awesome this weekend. Even though i got so tired, that towards then end of the moto i didnt even feel like useing them.

Related Content

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.