Linkage to lower a 450?

9 replies to this topic
  • dirt_pilot

Posted June 27, 2004 - 04:30 PM

I read somewhere in a magizine ( I will have to find it but it is pretty recent) that the Yamaha racers use a linkage that lowers the hieght of the bike with out changing the geometry or length of travel for the rear suspension.Every one but DV12 uses this, he is too tall. Anybody know where something like this might be available?

• Dolce_Grappa

Posted June 28, 2004 - 02:23 PM

Dirt Pilot,
I've got the same question, did you find anything out?

• ovrrdrive

Posted June 28, 2004 - 02:38 PM

Wish I could help you guys, but I haven't heard of anything either. I wouldn't lower mine, but I'm also 6'4". Even at that height I still have to tip-toe it when I sit down. I really feel for any of you "vertically challenged" folks... :thumbsup:

• dirt_pilot

Posted June 28, 2004 - 02:51 PM

I have searched all over the web, they have linkage that changes the steering angle but consequently raises the seat.
Now that I think about it I haven't checked the gytr stuff, I will do that now and see.

• dirt_pilot

Posted June 28, 2004 - 03:02 PM

Nope, nothing there either, besides of course a lot of other cool stuff I would like to have.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • RJB

Posted June 28, 2004 - 03:04 PM

Recall reading this a while back too. From what I recall, they were not readily available. I would mind dropping my bike only being 5'10" and getting wicked cramp in my leg the other day whilst on my toes. I'll see if I can dig out the article

• dvn

Posted June 30, 2004 - 06:10 AM

I think it is the new Dirt Rider mag that has an article on bike set-up. They make a quick referance to a company that makes lowering kits. They showed a YZ 125 that had been lowered 1.5". The kit cost 280.00. Can't remember the name of the company though. "Clean Racing" rings a bell.

• crf450f

Posted June 30, 2004 - 11:29 AM

ask Ricky Charmichael, he has his bike lowered because he is very short. Actually he stated in an interview that it helps him dig into corners with more control, and get very fast exits. I just adjusted the spring and it works fine for me. Ricky is right, it does help. :thumbsup: :devil:

• Moto-XXX

Posted July 03, 2004 - 05:39 PM

I know the linkage you are talking about but it's YMSU equipment which = unobtainable.

Works parts.

• yamaharichey

Posted July 07, 2004 - 12:11 PM

Zipty Racing is working on a lowering link, I checked with them a couple weeks ago, said they are still wroking on it.

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.