Bent Radiator

9 replies to this topic
  • SoCaYz426Man

Posted July 18, 2002 - 03:38 PM

Hey guys just wanted to let you guys know about a great radiator repair shop..The girlfriend layed her bike (2002 WR426) down on a big rock when she stalled on a hill..Radiator took a big dent right to the side..I thought it was dust..Took a look in the cycle news for a repair shop thought id atleast give it a try...Wow a shop listed was local..Took it in and the guy (Jeff) said no problem..Got it back today and it looks great...Even the honey comb fins are straightened...If you guys ever need one fixed just look up Fontana Radiator Works...Oh ya and it was only 40 bucks..

• intothumpin

Posted July 18, 2002 - 07:32 PM

Yeah I've used these guys a couple of times now. They do excellent work and turn around is quick. I highly recommend this shop for bent, twisted, smashed or leaking radiators.

• Fryboy

Posted July 20, 2002 - 12:06 PM

You may want to purchase a pair of Devol Rad Guards. I have tested them on both sides and not a bit of damage.

Your girlfriend rides a WR426F?

Most impressive !

If she cooks... she is a keeper. LOL just kiddin !

Fryboy

• Bill

Posted July 20, 2002 - 01:50 PM

Try the ones made by Flat Land Racing, they seem to be a little beefier than the DeVol's. If you buy them from Thumper, they're cheaper than buying direct from Flat Land?????

Bill

• Mark_Cantrell

Posted July 20, 2002 - 05:38 PM

The WR250F has an extra core on the right side. DeVols won't fit.

Good luck,
mwc

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SoCaYz426Man

Posted July 22, 2002 - 04:46 AM

Oh ya she can cook, Makes great money (75G) and she love to go riding all the time...When shes not playing softball...Ya i better get her a pair of guards since she has a hard time toughing the ground when starting the bike...

• rideitlikeyastoleit98

Posted July 23, 2002 - 12:45 AM

thanks bro. just what i needed. where is the place at? i live in san diego.

• KTM250rm

Posted July 23, 2002 - 05:22 AM

Also Myler's do a fantastic job and have been in the business of just fixing motorcycle radiators since 1990 and repairs start at 35.00 and is one day turn around time.

http://www.motorcycleradiators.com/

• SoCaYz426Man

Posted July 23, 2002 - 04:06 PM

Hey Ride just call 411 for the 909 area code...Ask for Fontana Radiator works in Fontana Ca...Its about a hour and a half drive for you from San diego...Id do the UPS thing!!!There on Arrow Hwy.In Fontana

• jmx631

Posted July 25, 2002 - 07:24 AM

Ride,
I have used these guys a few times. I live in NY send them on Monday and have back by Friday. Great service.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.