grey wire

3 replies to this topic
  • hondahater1

Posted June 27, 2004 - 03:08 PM

I have heard people talk about a grey wire mod, however I have never realy heard how to do it and what it does. I own a WR400, can I do it on my bike. Thanks for the help.

• Brettv

Posted June 27, 2004 - 04:22 PM

Gday,
The grey wire changes the CDI map to WR, without it, it will default to YZ mapping. you can disconnect it at the plug, i also have a wr400 99, on my bike (aus model) the grey wire is located with another black i think, in a two wire connector, i put a switch in the circuit so i could choose which map to run. (the ignition map in the CDI).

Hope this helps :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • wrooster

Posted June 27, 2004 - 04:48 PM

I have heard people talk about a grey wire mod, however I have never realy heard how to do it and what it does. I own a WR400, can I do it on my bike. Thanks for the help.

http://www.thumperfa...m/gray_wire.htm

jim aka the wrooster
'01 wr250f

• hondahater1

Posted July 01, 2004 - 05:41 PM

Thanks for the info! Just curious, can you tell a diference in power when switching from one to the other, if so what do you feel at what rpm etc. Thanks for your time. :thumbsup:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.