New bars and now throttle sticks.

8 replies to this topic
  • YoungGunXR

Posted June 27, 2004 - 02:01 PM

I got new bars on the 650r and now the throttle doesn't snap back to closed like it used to. Why should I do to fix this? Thanks. By the way the bars are cr high bend if that helps.

• yzbluebeast

Posted June 27, 2004 - 03:08 PM

Make sure the throttle assembly isn't pushed ALL the way on the bars. Leave a few mm's space so that the tube and bar end are't rubbing.

• dirtsquirt101

Posted June 27, 2004 - 03:17 PM

My guess is the grip is the problem, either you put too much glue on the end or the grip end on the inside is catching on the throttle assembly.

• YoungGunXR

Posted June 27, 2004 - 04:43 PM

Well I havent put the new grips on yet so I guess the trottle tube is rubbing up against the end of the bar. One more thing, when you turn the bars side to side it makes it rev up. Which adjuster do I need to adjust to fix this. Thanks.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SaltyWalrus

Posted June 27, 2004 - 04:56 PM

Make sure the throttle cables are routed well. Rotating the throttle assembly on the bars can improve the routing of the cables.

• YoungGunXR

Posted June 27, 2004 - 06:23 PM

OH ok thanks.

• mmxr650r

Posted June 28, 2004 - 07:46 AM

Go with ODI-Grips...these problems go away...
--Mitch

• Dual_Dog

Posted June 28, 2004 - 12:17 PM

I got new bars on the 650r and now the throttle doesn't snap back to closed like it used to.

Make sure you don't overtighten the throttle tube/cable housing clamping screws, and also make sure you tighten them evenly. Check the gap on both sides and make sure the reveals are equal and that the screws aren't overtorqued.

Check the cable slack adjusters, too. If they are adjusted all the way out, turn them back in and that'll give you more cable slack.

• 650dezrcr

Posted June 28, 2004 - 12:35 PM

Also, if there was a price tag or some sort of sticker on that side of the bar, make sure it's completely off. :thumbsup:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.