overheating

3 replies to this topic
  • saucebox

Posted June 27, 2004 - 09:19 AM

Can somebody please help me.. my 04 yz450 is running waay hot and i dont know why.. it is bone stock and i havent touched anything on it. I've only had the thing for 2 months and the other day i started it up and let it warm up and after like a minute the headpipe was red hot.. i dont know what could have caused it because it never did it before. I pulled the plug and it looks good so i dont think its a lean condition thats causing it. any suggestions would be great.

• ryno717

Posted June 27, 2004 - 10:35 AM

It is normal for a four stroke head pipe to get red hot when it is idling for a few minutes. I would check your coolant level and if its good and not boiling over when the bike is idling I wouldn't worry about it, as long as the bike is running ok when you ride it.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Satch0922

Posted June 27, 2004 - 11:34 AM

Like said above, letting the thumper idle on the stand is a sure fire way to get it hot FAST. You can start any 400-426-450 and within a minute or two the head pipe will be glowing red (you should see it at night!!). Nothing to worry about.

Keep in mind the YZ450F is a race bike. Meant to be started and ridden...FAST! :thumbsup:

• saucebox

Posted June 27, 2004 - 12:01 PM

Thanks guys thats quite a relief for me.. it was at night too that i did it and i guess maybe thats maybe why i never noticed it before because i'd never rode it at night.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.