Water Pump Seal Bearing Out?

4 replies to this topic
  • id250f

Posted June 27, 2004 - 06:03 AM

When the bike's running (moving down the trail / track / road) or idling for that matter ... coolant is dripping out the little hole on the bottom of the case below the water pump. Does that mean the bearing needs replacing or something?

• bushy

Posted June 27, 2004 - 06:34 AM

Water pump seal. Just buy both oil seals and the impeller shaft, along with right side cover gasket. Only like a 40 bucks fix.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Ga426owner

Posted June 27, 2004 - 08:45 AM

I had to replace mine already. You have 2 options
Yamaha or Boyesen.
If you replace with Yamaha parts buy the impeller shaft, seals & a new gasket.
The design is crappy in my opinion.
I will buy the Boyesen complete waterpump assembly next time. It is designed to lower the water temp by several degrees. :thumbsup:

• id250f

Posted June 27, 2004 - 10:09 AM

I actually just ordered one (boyeseen) on-line about an hour ago ... figured it's a good investment since I'll need to be in there anyway. :thumbsup:

• Ga426owner

Posted June 27, 2004 - 03:54 PM

Hey let us know how the installation goes & the end result.

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.