Top Ten excuses to the wife to go ride?

57 replies to this topic
  • PumpkinHumper

Posted July 18, 2002 - 02:24 PM

Yea I knew that the "fine ...whatever" was a bad thing. But you know I havent heard that too much lately. I think that she finially realized That I take what she says literly, and go ridding anyways.

Its easier to get forgivness than permision. A wise person said that I think. words to live by.

• Shawn_Mc

Posted July 18, 2002 - 02:35 PM

If I need forgiveness instead of permission, I may get the forgiveness, but not without hell, and guarantee I aint gonna git no dinner!

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted July 18, 2002 - 02:40 PM

Originally posted by BikeDestroyer:
Well guys I have to say that I got a kick out of reading all of these responses. First off I am a married woman and my husband and I both ride and race. I really feel sorry for some of you that have wives that don't understand the need to ride every weekend. I actually ride more often than my husband. As a matter of fact we were supposed to go do the Nat'l HS in Elkton, OR over the 4th of July. Well he had a job come up and I didn't want to drive all that way by myself (22 Hrs.) I got ahold of some friends that were going trail riding in UT (7 hrs) and went there instead Without the Hubby. He was pissed at first then I reminded him that he got to go to CO with some buddies a couple of months ago without me. He was OK then, but was just pissed because he couldn't ride.

Hey BikeDestroyer..........
Sorry didnt get to meet you at the Price Ut WORCS race but I DID get to meet your MECHANIC????
He was working on that #10 bike........yellow.....GUZUKI!!!!

:D :)
I can HONESTLY say I passed a NTL rider (#10)......
He did lap me and run outta gas on the road!!! just after he passed me and I passed him !!!
If you are ever in UT again let me know when and I will show you some great single track near Jericho!!!AWESOME! :D

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted July 18, 2002 - 02:42 PM

What is that saying????

It is easier to say SORRY LATER than.........
Asking NOW..............?????? :)

• yznvegas

Posted July 18, 2002 - 03:03 PM

"Its easier to get forgivness than permision. A wise person said that I think. words to live by."

I think you might have that quote backwards???

• BikeDestroyer

Posted July 18, 2002 - 03:38 PM

Originally posted by THUMPIN' ROCK HUCKER:

Hey BikeDestroyer..........
Sorry didnt get to meet you at the Price Ut WORCS race but I DID get to meet your MECHANIC????
He was working on that #10 bike........yellow.....GUZUKI!!!!

:) :D
I can HONESTLY say I passed a NTL rider (#10)......
He did lap me and run outta gas on the road!!! just after he passed me and I passed him !!!
If you are ever in UT again let me know when and I will show you some great single track near Jericho!!!AWESOME! :D

Thumpin' So how did you do at Price? I may take you up on the great singletrack offer in Jericho sometime...If it is anything like the Cherry Creek Nat'l Hare & Hound I know it will be awesome.
:D

P.S. That MECHANIC doesn't even work on my bike and I just finished installing his Panarom Computer, cleaned airfilter, fresh gearlube, on his bike...he can do his OWN DAMN TIRES. :D

[ July 18, 2002: Message edited by: BikeDestroyer ]

• Vanilla_Gorilla

Posted July 18, 2002 - 03:47 PM

tell your wife the same thing i tell my gf.
"one of us is gonna be riding today, and its either me on the bike, or you on the _______" just fill in the blank. whatever her decision, you should be happy!
-alex

• Hi_N_Mity

Posted July 18, 2002 - 03:47 PM

"Babe, I'm go'in ridin....if I'm hurting when I get back, that just means I lived thru something I shoudn't have attempted, and you don't get the life insurance yet"...

one of these days she is going to rig my bike to fail....

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted July 18, 2002 - 04:58 PM

BikeDestroyer..........
I had a horrible starting place at Price.....5ft off of the starting grid next to the fence.
I had to actually go AROUND a water spicket to get back on the MX track.
Good thing I had the 400f!
I Pulled all but about 5 guys (about 60 "age"class riders).I was so wide to get out of the dust that I ran over one of the tires standing up that marks the edge of the track in 4th gear !! :D
By the time I got to the wash I was back about 10th and in the wash I ran into what I thought was the edge of the wash.NOPE :) Just another bike!! :D
I couldnt even see my own fender! :D
I ended up crashing on the off camber downhill to the right going into a wash after a high speed run up the flats. I caught my toe in the dirt on the upper side and twisted my foot/ankle under the peg and flipped/forced me over the bars!
I fractured my ankle and pulled a bunch of tendons (I am still hobbling around) BUT.............
I got to ride with TY DAVIS......(he lapped me but I stayed with him for about 30seconds in a wash) Then I "let" him go!!!LOL
:D
Man that guy is fast! even on a 2smoker!
he Jumped up a canyon wall that was straight UP!
He has go some great lines......no wonder he is so fast!!!
PM me if you head towards UT
Bring your Mech and we will see if we can get him on a bike!! and show you some killer stuff!Near Cherry Creek!
G

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ltrosson

Posted July 19, 2002 - 05:46 AM

Told first wife I was riding before I met you and I will be riding after your gone, six divorces later I stand by my motto!

• Oregon_Thumper

Posted July 19, 2002 - 05:53 AM

I have always told my wife that if she gets a call from me at the hospital to make sure and stop by the track to pick up my bike on the way to see me.

• JJwinston

Posted July 19, 2002 - 06:19 AM

"I could go riding on the dirt with my friends, or I could go racing on the pavement this weekend; which would you rather I do?"

• cyclenut51

Posted July 19, 2002 - 07:14 AM

I usually say "Hey, let's go riding." :)

• Oregon_Thumper

Posted July 19, 2002 - 10:42 AM

I heard a funny phrase once that is sort of true. Most of you guys will probably agree with it too, even Ego

"Happy Wife, Happy Life."

• newto2wheels

Posted July 19, 2002 - 11:23 AM

My wife suggested I buy the 02 250F :) and she always asks me if I'm going to ride it on the weekend so I don't need excuses..yet :D

• Boit

Posted July 20, 2002 - 12:20 AM

"Hey sweetheart. It's my patriotic duty to ride today. Just suppose that while I'm out riding, some desert flea bites my American butt and falls off. Later, it hitches a ride on a desert hare and bites his American hide. That hare gets hit by an Arab tourist tooling down the highway. That tourist stops and to check on that American hare and gets bitten by that flea. The Arab tourist becomes infected by that little flea and takes a virus back to the Mid-East only to infect his cousin, Al Ahamed Al, who is secretly a Bin-Laden operative. Al, neglects to wash his hands, and dines with Bin-Laden and infects him with a deadly American hare flea virus. It COULD happen".

• Kirtwell

Posted July 20, 2002 - 05:16 AM

Baby I need to work off some stress....get them panties off......wait! where are you going?

To get your gear ready!!!!!! :)

• XC800.X

Posted July 21, 2002 - 03:34 PM

I just irritate the hell out of her until she begs me to go.Next few times I want to go,"NO PROBLEM!"
Repeat as necessary. :)

Related Content

Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.