Top Ten excuses to the wife to go ride?

57 replies to this topic
  • BigDesto

Posted July 18, 2002 - 08:32 AM

I've been married going on 13 years-still going strong! Before i got married,i raced every weekend or went to the desert.She knew what i was about before marrying me. She always went to my races and supported me. My two girls 11&8 both ride,the wife rides every now a then If it's something that you love to do, you shouldn't have to ask.

• John_Lorenz

Posted July 18, 2002 - 08:38 AM

I have been married 15 years today Yehaaaa We gonna have us some funnnnn tonight

Bottom line is this

I do what I want when she tells me its ok.

And ya know what I mean when I say "when she tells me its ok". If you have been married for any lenght of time you all know that
Its Ok honey go do what you like is a dead NOOO
or
If thats what you want to do Is a plain if you do no nooki tonight

and so on

and then those looks ya those looks

• moto_madman

Posted July 18, 2002 - 08:44 AM

"i gotta go pick up some parts that are a few hours away. Im taking the bike to make sure they fit" :)

• oldasdirt

Posted July 18, 2002 - 09:49 PM

After almost 30 years of wedded bliss I came home from a bad mud ride got the crap all over the kitchen carpet. I got inthe shower gear and all that got that mud off. saw my Angel loadin' up the carpet shampooer. So dumb I sneak back in the back bedroom where this box is and brag to EZGZ what an Angel she is. Went back into the kitchen & she hands me the shampooer, says I knew you'd put Simple Green in it. Hell don't bother lying, they already know what you are going to do before you do it. oldasdirt :D :) :D

• John_Lorenz

Posted July 18, 2002 - 10:00 AM

BFLee
I almost pissed me pants that was so funny

• PumpkinHumper

Posted July 18, 2002 - 10:12 AM

Soooo when I ask my wife if she minds if I go ridding and she says " fine....whatever" is that a bad thing or a good thing.

I usually get to go. She knows I get ornry if I dont get to ride.

• Hokie

Posted July 18, 2002 - 10:39 AM

What is a wife?

• John_Lorenz

Posted July 18, 2002 - 10:39 AM

Not sure bout your neck o d woods

but in my back yard thats means for sure if you go
there will be hell to pay

• Shawn_Mc

Posted July 18, 2002 - 10:44 AM

I'll never forget this one: "Honey Im going riding, I'll be home about 7:30" Ok. What day at 7:30 and which 7:30, am or pm.

Before we had kids I went to glamis for what started as a sat&sun, turned into sat sun mon tues and home on wed at 11:30pm

• BigDesto

Posted July 18, 2002 - 10:45 AM

Het Hookie, With your occupation, i can see why you don't know what a wife is! :D :) :D

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Shawn_Mc

Posted July 18, 2002 - 10:47 AM

And oh-ya she was pissed. That was 1995. She still brings it up.

• Hokie

Posted July 18, 2002 - 10:54 AM

Originally posted by BigDesto:
Het Hookie, With your occupation, i can see why you don't know what a wife is! :) :D :D

Nah, had one, got rid of it!
:D

• BFLee

Posted July 18, 2002 - 10:58 AM

Originally posted by yzman400:
Soooo when I ask my wife if she minds if I go ridding and she says " fine....whatever" is that a bad thing or a good thing.

I usually get to go. She knows I get ornry if I dont get to ride.

I get ornry if I dont get to ride.

-and-

I get horny if I dont get to RIDE.

It's a fine line to walk.

-also-

"fine....whatever" is a BAD thing - It usually precedes long periods of celibacy :)

• BigDesto

Posted July 18, 2002 - 11:12 AM

Who wears the pants in your castle? :) :D :D

• John_Lorenz

Posted July 18, 2002 - 11:18 AM

My wife never gets hysterical

It’s always

Historical

• BFLee

Posted July 18, 2002 - 11:20 AM

Originally posted by BigDesto:
Who wears the pants in your castle? :) :D :D

Pants are way over rated. I would rather ride (and RIDE) :D .

• yamaha.dude

Posted July 18, 2002 - 11:42 AM

YZMAN400 - Soooo when I ask my wife if she minds if I go ridding and she says " fine....whatever" is that a bad thing or a good thing.

Hey dude, when it starts with 'fine', and ends with 'whatever...', you are in trouble... big time... you know that thing they do by hinting? Well she is hinting that she has no interest in your riding at all...

Now one thing that may work is to offer riding up as the lesser of two evils. Wait until her mother is due to come over, and then offer to paint the front room. It goes some thing like:

you: "Honey, I have decided I am going to paint the front room now I have the weekend free - what do you think of the colour I have chosen?" (show here a colour card from the paint store that is her worst colour ever)

wife: "you Can't! - you know my mother is coming over!"

you: "But I won't make too much mess, and I am sure I will be finished by the end of the week. I'll go down to the store now and get everything ok?"

wife: "No, can't it wait?"

you: "Well, I want to do this for you honey - I'm just trying to help around the house..."

wife: "Well that's fine dear, but not this weekend OK?"

you: "I suppose I could go out for a few hours riding, and maybe do the room another time...

Wife: "Sure, that sounds like a great idea"

you: "Are you sure honey, you know I just want you to be happy, and I am always glad to see your mother" (cross your fingers behind your back when you say that last bit :D :) )

wife: "No, I want you to go riding, go out and have some fun - we'll talk about that colour when you get back home ok?"

you: "Sure dear! see you later - I'll stop by the bike store on the way to get some parts ok?"

Try it, but use your own area of incompentency to make sure she chooses the alternative to having you 1. digging up the yard, 2. painting the house, 3. rebuilding the engine in her car ("should be off the road less than 2 weeks honey" ) 4. cooking for the dinner party tomorrow ...

At least if they feel that they have 'sent' you riding rather than 'you taking yourself' riding then they have won that one...

HTH

David

[ July 18, 2002: Message edited by: yamaha.dude ]

• BikeDestroyer

Posted July 18, 2002 - 01:21 PM

Well guys I have to say that I got a kick out of reading all of these responses. First off I am a married woman and my husband and I both ride and race. I really feel sorry for some of you that have wives that don't understand the need to ride every weekend. I actually ride more often than my husband. As a matter of fact we were supposed to go do the Nat'l HS in Elkton, OR over the 4th of July. Well he had a job come up and I didn't want to drive all that way by myself (22 Hrs.) I got ahold of some friends that were going trail riding in UT (7 hrs) and went there instead Without the Hubby. He was pissed at first then I reminded him that he got to go to CO with some buddies a couple of months ago without me. He was OK then, but was just pissed because he couldn't ride.

• Snapper

Posted July 18, 2002 - 01:28 PM

You are all missing the secret. I just used it this morning.

"PLAN AHEAD"

I rang my wife this morning, "what are we doing on the 28th"

...... "nothing"

"ok, then I will ride an enduro at".....

She then has two weeks notice. I can honeslty say "it has been planned for ages" and she generally makes her own plans in anticipation.

Works every time - even if there isn't really an enduro.

But then my wife is pretty good, she even said once: "I think you should buy a new bike". She said it in front of a witness so at 8.30am the next day I was on the dealers doorstep.

cheers

• Oregon_Thumper

Posted July 18, 2002 - 01:43 PM

Hey BikeDestroyer, there is a track in Elkton, OR. That is like a blink town. I use to drive through there twice a month on my way to and from college. I didn't know there was a track there?

Related Content

Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.