BREATHER HOSE

2 replies to this topic
  • john_pearce

Posted June 04, 2001 - 06:08 AM

I'VE JUST FITTED A NEW BREATHER HOSE , WHICH CONNECTS TO THE BLANKED OF SPOUT ON THE RUBBER PART OF THE AIRBOX (ONCE OPENED UP OF COURSE) JUST CARB SIDE OF THE AIR FILTER.
THE NEW HOSE IS AN OFFICIAL YAMAHA PART WHICH IS INCLUDED IN THE WR ROAD LEGAL KIT.
I PRESUME YAMAHA DONE THIER HOMEWORK HERE AND THE PIPE WON'T PUT TOO MUCH GUNGE OUT , ENOUGH TO ENTER THE CARB ANYWAY ??.
HAVE ANY OF YOU GUYS OUT THERE FITTED ONE OF THESE AND HAVE YOU HAD ANY PROBLEMS ??.
IF I GET ANY I'LL LET YOU KNOW.

JOHN
HAMPSHIRE , ENGLAND

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mcarp

Posted June 04, 2001 - 09:08 PM

That hose is to drain the airbox. My US model was pinched off, and I put a longer non-pinched off hose on to drain the box. I believe this ends on the dirty side of the airfilter, so worries about stuff getting into the carb should only come from around the air filter, not this spout.

This is NOT the engine breather hose, only for the airbox.

• ScottyR

Posted June 04, 2001 - 12:21 PM

My 00 WR400 (Can Spec) had 2 holes in the airbox. 1 to drain the airbox the other was blocked off, I bet thats the one you are talking about. I often thought about running my breather hose into that hole.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.