450F Release

2 replies to this topic
  • SCIENCE

Posted July 17, 2002 - 02:59 AM

Does any one have their new bike yet? I heard from a couple dealers that the first ones are due in any day or already out the door.
I figured that somebody on here would have 1 by now!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • intothumpin

Posted July 18, 2002 - 07:48 PM

the word from the factory is we will see the YZ450 in September and the WR in Nov or Dec. The YZ250F won't hit the dealer's floor until Nov. I actually got to see the pre-production 450F in the race shop today. This thing is sic. I can't wait until Sept. My 250F is gone, I sold it 2 weeks ago. I am so desperate to ride, I borrowed my brother in-laws 02 KTM520 SX. that thing is a beast. My arms are about an inch longer now after riding it for the weekend. But it sure was nice to have that big bore power. It got me to thinking how nice it will be to have big bore power and handling of a 250F.

• XRider

Posted July 18, 2002 - 08:06 PM

I have a deposit on the first WR that hits my dealers floor. He said that his delivery is scheduled for any time from mid August to September.

I hope that this is true. I know thats not what Yamaha's web site says but, I guess they could be early. It would be kind of out of the norm not to releas something before Christmas.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.