Light kit for an 02 YZ426

3 replies to this topic
  • JPEracing

Posted July 16, 2002 - 04:10 PM

Hi folks,
After a 10 year hiatus from dirt biking it`s time to come back home.
Anyway this is my first post and you folks have likely discussed this before.

What is the setup for adding a light kit to my YZ ? I`d like to make it "enduro" legal/plated for some of the Michigan trails.

Talked to Baja Design and they recommended swapping to a WR stator. Big Bucks...

How did you guys do it ???

• JPEracing

Posted July 17, 2002 - 03:26 PM

YZman 400.
Thanks for the reply. I`d be interested in the setup you describe. Maybe we could talk more ? As there are still a few questions that I dont understand.
If you would, send me your email/phone number.
I live in New Baltimore, just up 94 between Detroit and Port Huron. Ride in the St.Helen area.
Thanks

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MichaelRaasch260

Posted July 17, 2002 - 07:46 PM

You have some options. And it depends on how much you want to spend.

I have a E-line lighting coil that puts out 200watts with an Acerbis headlight kit that I got from E-Line. It came with a headlight (the 2 35 watt bulb kind), a wire harness, brake light switch, and a Acerbis tail/brake light. All for $650. It is the most powerful coil available. They have other light kits available but only the one coil. The coil alone costs $500.

I checked into buying WR parts but there were too many different part numbers that were different in the electrical system, so I couldn't tell what all needed to be replaced. It was going to cost probably $300 - $500.

You also can get your coil rewound from Electrics I think the name was. That coil puts out like 45watts and costs $90 maybe. Can't remember exactly. But I have the info somewhere.

If you want to know about any tricks that I needed to do just ask.

• sirthumpalot

Posted July 18, 2002 - 01:02 AM

Did you have to add a larger cover on the left side to make room for the lighting coil? Also did it add any significant weight to the flywheel?

Related Content

Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.