Stainless Oil Filters

22 replies to this topic
  • Winkel

Posted July 03, 2004 - 07:14 PM

Frankstr,
I agree with you. The stock filter does work fine. Properly maintained, your engine will probably run as long as Jetpilot's will with the high dollar filter. With regular oil changes, and moderate thrashing, these engines are indestructible.
I thought jetpilot's response was a bit attacking. Stay with your stock filter (as I will), and enjoy a long healthy engine life. It's not just the "old way", it's the proven way. It may not be as good as the mesh/stainless filter, but it's more than good enough. You shouldn't suffer criticism for your choice. I guarantee it won't make him any faster.
Winkel :devil: :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • BWB63

Posted July 03, 2004 - 07:42 PM

With all the attacking a side....If you use your bike alot and change the oil monthly it doesn't take much to see the big benifit is the money you save. 6 oil changes and your making money....ok not spending it :thumbsup:

• Quasar124

Posted July 04, 2004 - 02:45 PM

I use the scotts stainless filter in my CRF450. I use mobil 1 red cap and change the oil frequently. The oil looks clean when I drain it. Inside the engine is clean and free of wear. :thumbsup:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.