Need rear brake caliper

1 reply to this topic
  • dragon174

Posted June 25, 2004 - 10:11 AM

I need a rear brake caliper assembly for my '99 WR400F. I cooked all of the seals on mine and I'm not sure how to rebuild it so I want to replace the whole thing. All of the stores that I've talked to said it would be 7-12 business days to order and run be $225.00. Does anyone know where I can get one sooner or cheaper??

Please help. The bike has been down for repairs now for 3 weeks and I have already missed one riding trip. I really don't want to miss another one.

Thanks.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Hamish

Posted June 25, 2004 - 10:50 AM

if u cant do it yourself, get some1 to rebuild it for you. Strip it and bead blast the inside of the housing paying careful attention to where the seals seat. Give it a good clean (kero then petrol) then install a seal kit using rubber grease(piston kit if required) .Fixed in an hour for a fraction of the price.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.