Flywheel Weight 10oz or 12oz ?

7 replies to this topic
  • Pazzo_P

Posted July 15, 2002 - 04:25 PM

I ride mostly XC and the stalls really kill my lap times. It's time for some Heavy Metal, but how many OZ's. I’ll still hit the MX track and would like to keep enough zip to hang w/the pack. Is there a noticeable difference in 2oz’s? {YZ426)

[ July 15, 2002: Message edited by: Pazzo P ]

• Dansgarage

Posted July 15, 2002 - 06:40 PM

I used to run a 14oz weight and it worked very well for the woods riding that I usually do, but it still had enough snap for the track. Just doesn't rev out quite as fast. I now am running a wr flywhell and stator to run my lights and dual sport kit. I have the stock flywheel with the weight installed on it and the spacer kit that came with it (zip-ty weight and kit), I will sell it for $150 plus the cost of shipping.

• calvin

Posted July 16, 2002 - 02:54 AM

14oz.

• motomike137

Posted July 16, 2002 - 05:29 AM

I'm very moto oriented but I ride north Michigan trails a few times a year and I've found that a ten ouncer was enough for me. Being that you're more trail oriented i would probably go 12 ounces just for that little bit more stall insurance.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Jason_in_KC

Posted July 16, 2002 - 06:58 AM

I have the ZipTy 12oz, it works good for moto or trails. We rode Cooperland recently and I would've liked to have taken it off for that loamy/sandy soil but any other terrain it keeps the bike running and works great in the woods.

• Pazzo_P

Posted July 16, 2002 - 07:38 AM

Dansgarage, I'm leaning towards the 12oz but after more research if I decide to go with the 14oz I'll give you a ring. Thanks for all the replies.

• OnThePipe

Posted July 16, 2002 - 05:40 PM

You might just try learning how to ride that beast again after that knee surgery. Oh, I forgot, you're rolling in the dough.....

• Pazzo_P

Posted July 17, 2002 - 06:42 AM

I've been known to roll in some strange stuff before, don't know if I've tried that dough stuff yet.
Don't worry about me learning to remount the beast, just worry when we're on the line together and the flag drops.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.