Missing o ring

6 replies to this topic
  • gonzo

Posted June 25, 2004 - 01:02 AM

I was changing my oil yesterday and noticed that I lost the o ring that goes behind the hex bolt on the oil filter cover. What do you think? Is it ok to ride?

I went looking for a replacement and couldnt find one. Does anyone know the dimensions?

• 426F

Posted June 25, 2004 - 01:18 AM

I would not ride it. It will leak for sure. Get a new one.

• sirthumpalot

Posted June 25, 2004 - 03:06 AM

Check the local hardware store, else check the local dealer. Hopefully someone will have something the same size in stock. I would be $1 that without an o-ring you're going to have a leak, personally I wouldn't ride it.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • yathump

Posted June 25, 2004 - 03:15 AM

I wouldn't chance it, like was said above you should be able to find one to get you by.

• B86_Racer

Posted June 25, 2004 - 03:18 AM

I think I was missing the O-ring to the left of that one for a an oil change or two and it did not leak..but then again it wasn't the one directly behind the bolt.

• probracing1

Posted June 25, 2004 - 04:15 AM

You may have a hard time finding that o-ring at your local hardware/automotive store.....try a hydraulic supply house locally.

• thelimey1

Posted June 27, 2004 - 11:25 AM

like you, i lost an o-ring, i went to the biggest and best plumbing store around, they had a large selection of o-rings, i just guessed the size, and took like 5 sizes each way, to be sure. cost a buck, three of the ones i got would work fine.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.