New Guy - Starting Question

24 replies to this topic
  • John_Lorenz

Posted July 15, 2002 - 09:52 PM

ok ok mis understand

yesit is ok to just blip if the bike has sat awhile 1 -2 weeks

• JJwinston

Posted July 15, 2002 - 09:55 PM

Something would have to be seriously wrong if I let it sit for 1-2 weeks! :)

Alright, I am armed and ready for my second attempt at riding it tonight. Everyone keep your fingers crossed for me.

I really like this website, you guys really have helpful insight.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • John_Lorenz

Posted July 15, 2002 - 09:56 PM

Thats one small step for man

on Giant leap of faith for the new guy Hehe

Glad we can help

• Shawn_Mc

Posted July 15, 2002 - 12:13 PM

What worse: Coming up short on a 75+ foot double or getting high sided at 100+?

I should probably ask Jean Micheal Bayle.

• Shawn_Mc

Posted July 15, 2002 - 12:18 PM

By the way, until ya get the total hang of it, grab the master cylinder instead of the throttle while your kicking it. The inadvertant blip is the killer of the start cycle. And if ya feel like you need to start over, Just twist the throttle wide open and hold it, pull the compression release and kick it about a dozen times all the way through. It should be dry inside by then, and should start no problem. If you have access to race gas, your starting issues will decrease even more. The bike doesnt have to have it, but sure does like it. Enjoy your new thumper.

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.