akrapovic exhaust honda xr 650r

12 replies to this topic
  • marcoxr650r

Posted June 24, 2004 - 02:37 PM

hullo there,i am the proud owner of the BRP.my bike is HRC kitted.on this forum people always talk about FMF,WB and pro-circuit exhausts.has anyone ever tryed how awsome is the power gain with an akrapovich dirt exhaust?and the finish of it?i am italian and live in mexico,why is akrapovich so little known in this forum when its exhausts are probably the best in the market?criticism to my post welcome

• qadsan

Posted June 24, 2004 - 04:21 PM

I thought it was too pricey, especially when the stock header with the HRC tip performs just as well and sometimes better than many aftermarket exhaust systems. Don't believe everything you read from exhaust manufacturers as they're trying to sell a product and will sometimes skew things to make their product look very attractive.

• big t

Posted June 24, 2004 - 06:29 PM

Qadsan, I see you got the Moriwaki in your list of add ons. How do you like it? Hows the fit? Power?

• qadsan

Posted June 24, 2004 - 06:50 PM

The fit, welds & finish are second to none, but I don't know how well it will hold up for the long term as I've only had it for a short while (received it as a gift). The larger diameter header helps to make more power on top, but at the expense of some bottom end power (as with any larger header). It took a bit of time tuning my carb to get the bottom end back to being super crisp, but I'm enjoying the way it pulls on top. For riding in the upper R's, I like this system. It's also great for general purpose fun, but the stock header with the HRC tip is hard to beat for agressive trail riding.

• big t

Posted June 24, 2004 - 11:45 PM

Thanks for the response qadsan. I'll be leaving mine stock for now but I really like that Moriwaki. If I had the money I would have one already. Sounds like the stock system is hard to beat. How much difference is there with the stock tip drilled out and the HRC tip? Is the HRC tip worth $100?

• Roll_it_on

Posted June 25, 2004 - 03:58 AM

In my experience the HRC is worth the money. I got the HRC tip after I drilled out the stocker and it made a considerable difference. When you compare the configuration of the two together it is easy to see why the HRC breaths easier then the stocker all drilled and the last baffle removed. Best part of the stock system with the HRC tip is no muffler repacking to do :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • TimBrp

Posted June 25, 2004 - 05:42 AM

In my experience the HRC is worth the money. I got the HRC tip after I drilled out the stocker and it made a considerable difference. When you compare the configuration of the two together it is easy to see why the HRC breaths easier then the stocker all drilled and the last baffle removed. Best part of the stock system with the HRC tip is no muffler repacking to do :thumbsup:

Couldn't have said it better. :devil:

• qadsan

Posted June 25, 2004 - 07:11 AM

Is the HRC tip worth $100?

You'll sometimes see them used for sale on eBay. I've seen them go for as little as $30, but usually in the $50 to $70 range.

• bikesinmud

Posted June 25, 2004 - 09:34 AM

I Have the Akrapovic and its simly awesome!! How do they make it quiet and more powerful than biggun, FMF, and its very light since its all ti. :thumbsup:

• marcoxr650r

Posted June 25, 2004 - 12:59 PM

well so akrapovic is truely awsome.my background on this exhaust come from pages and pages of forum,and for what i gathered it is probably the best exhaust money can buy,and the power difference is very noticeable.it is very expensive but hey...

• TwoRs

Posted June 25, 2004 - 01:18 PM

Where can I get some info on this exhaust? How much?
I checked on the HRC tip...130.00 Honda wants 180.00 :thumbsup:

• qadsan

Posted June 25, 2004 - 02:20 PM

It's on sale right now for $637...
http://www.akrapovic..._DIRT/HONDA.php

...or you can just their slip on for $509.
http://www.akrapovic..._DIRT/HONDA.php

• XRoverall

Posted April 03, 2005 - 10:55 AM

Does anyone know if the Akrapovic has a spark arrestor?

Related Content

Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 2 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies
Forums
Photo

Which thumper motor for a street tracker? by woz

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • * * * * -
  • Hot  29 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.