Exhaust can on a wr 450 04 model.

2 replies to this topic
  • simch

Posted June 24, 2004 - 08:17 AM

I am interested in losing the massive heavy can on my wr450 04 model. I have seen a nice akropavich titanium can and link pipe bu wonder how hardy this will be off road.
I have them on my Mille and find the metal very thin, they dent and mark easy.
Anyone have any experience of them or similar items, are they much noisier than stock and how will it affect jetting??
Any tips well received. PS it is a UK spec bike, with the legal e marked down turned exhaust tip. I would like to add this to the new can!!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • simch

Posted June 26, 2004 - 11:32 AM

anyone?

• savx13

Posted December 04, 2007 - 03:14 AM

If your not worried about noise (like me) get a standard YZF 450 pipe! I got one for £50 off e-bay, its titanium so its light and it gives you a lot more power! as its made by yamaha it fits perfectly! my bike is an 05 WR450 and the pipe is off an 04 YZF, basicly the pipe off a steel framed YZF 426/450 will fit straight on no probs!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.