hand gaurd interfers with throttle housing

4 replies to this topic
  • motionmama

Posted June 24, 2004 - 08:10 AM

I am putting on tusk hand gaurds. I finished the left clutch side and am on the accelerator side. The throttle housing interfers with the insertion of the hand gaurd screw. Can I cut the throttle housing off at the edge of the bar? thanks

• gomopar440

Posted June 24, 2004 - 08:17 AM

Yup, it needs to be cut. Take your time and don't cut any more than you need to. After you get it installed check the throttle movement to make sure it isn't dragging on the handguard or it's mounting bolt. If it does, you may need to trim some more. A little at a time is the best way. Good luck :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dez4ever

Posted June 24, 2004 - 12:22 PM

You can take a dremel or die grinder and grind the shoulder off the end/inside of the throttle tube...(make the hole bigger and slide it in a little. I've done this to most all of my bikes and it works fine and this way the throttle tube stays the same length so your grips fit like they should. :thumbsup:

• motionmama

Posted June 24, 2004 - 12:37 PM

Thanks. I recently bought the TrickD/S kit but I can't find instructions anywhere. Did I lose them or were they not there? Is the endurance speedo that comes with it ok or is there an alternative seems time consuming installation.

• ZEKEDAWG

Posted June 24, 2004 - 02:41 PM

WHen I installed my enduro engineering guards I had to loosen the throttle tube assambly and slide it in about 1/8th inch worked great and no cutting. :thumbsup:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.