Jumping or not jumping?

5 replies to this topic
  • Rider4Life2413

Posted July 13, 2002 - 06:56 PM

Im purchasing a 99'YZ400f soon. What can i expect from it jumping/agreesive trail riding. I know the 400fs are not up to par with the 426's/450's. I would get a 426, but to much money. And whats the top speed of one of these things?

• Guest_mxrider426_*

Posted July 13, 2002 - 08:25 PM

I think everyone is pretty happy with these bikes for trail riding. With the jumping you will probably notice the extra weight. But It is kind of nice, because it is very stable in the air. Not like my old 125, that is kind of hard to jump straight if the takeoff is crooked at all. Be shure you start out on little jumps first so you can get the throttle control right. If you let off the gas before you get off the ground, you will endo, maybe even go over the bars.

For "opinions" on how fast the bikes go, look at the "what have I done" post, and you may be able to search for a similar post. I call them "opinions" because nobody seems to get the same speed.

• Vanilla_Gorilla

Posted July 14, 2002 - 01:28 PM

i would guess a stock 400/426/ would top out aat about mid 90mph range, the new 450, having a 4 speed trans specific for moto, will probobly top out a bit less, more like the high 70's to low 80's.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • FLEXANDROOST

Posted July 14, 2002 - 04:43 PM

Hey I got clocked at 95 mph by my friends KTM 520, I also rode his then gave it back and said ride long and strong.

[ July 15, 2002: Message edited by: Bill ]

• Rider4Life2413

Posted July 14, 2002 - 10:11 PM

LOL, thanks guys.

• vtfootball79

Posted July 15, 2002 - 01:13 AM

are we talkin WR or YZ? the YZ is more specifically for moto and gets up to speed faster, but that can be changed on the WR by going to YZ timing. what else can you do? run 15./46 gearing, that should get u up over 100

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.