largest jump ever cased!

43 replies to this topic
  • Vanilla_Gorilla

Posted July 13, 2002 - 10:36 AM

hey everyone, what is the largest jump you've ever cased, or the worst crash you have been in? worst injury? Last week i cased a 100+ foot triple at freelin MX. landed directly ont he face of the landing. I was ok tho, the worst crash ive been in was when my bike rolled over me in the whoops and my footpeg sliced open my thiegh. My worst injury however was when i looped out on the face of a 50 foot double and landed on my chest, breaking 4 ribs, my sternum, and momentarily stopping my heart. Anybody else have a really bad crash, injury, case?

• therapture

Posted July 13, 2002 - 10:15 PM

Sounds like you could use some riding lessons.... :) :D

• Vanilla_Gorilla

Posted July 14, 2002 - 04:27 AM

oh really? what was that? your an old fag who cant ride?

• DethWshBkr

Posted July 14, 2002 - 04:32 AM

Worst crash I've ever had so far (and hopefully from here on out)
April 16th of this year.
Coming up to a big step up. It's probably 40-50 foot across, and the step is like 8-10 foot I think. I carried alot of speed through the turn, and coasted to scrub some speed. As I did that, I tapped into neutral, and didn't realize it, because I was coasting/braking. When I was climbing the face of the take off, I went to give it one last blip of throttle for take off, and nothing happened! Nose dived straight into the face of the step (I was told it looked just like Carmichael's crash at Anaheim I, except I was thrown into the bike, not off it.) and flipped.

Snapped my left scapula, a bit of a cut on my left side, and I lost the tip of my left pinky finger (amputation).
Bike took a snapped pair of Oberg triple clamps, smashed headset bearings, snapped clutch mount, and lever, bent bars, and bent subframe. The front tire was shoved into the rim, blowing it off the bead, and shoving a pound of dirt and rocks in the wheel!

• DethWshBkr

Posted July 14, 2002 - 04:33 AM

hey hey hey now, no name calling

• sirthumpalot

Posted July 14, 2002 - 04:45 AM

You guys make mine look small. I came up short on a 3rd gear double and landed right on the face of the second hill. Nothing broken, but it made one hell of a clank when everything bottomed and I had that nice tingly feeling from head to toe mixed with the feeling that I was now 1" shorter. I'm kinda glad that I don't have a better story than that. :)

• motoman393

Posted July 14, 2002 - 05:11 AM

The biggest jump I ever cased was a 140ft triple step up. I broke my collarbone and got a concussion due to it (thankfully that is all that happened)

Here is a video of me doing the 140ft triple step up CLICK HERE for the video. My friend Matt filmed this last weekend... the video is poor quality since I reduced the file size so that 56ker's can still view it (120kb) Later,

• beezer

Posted July 14, 2002 - 05:31 AM

I'm gonna send a video of me smashing into the scoring tower to EGO so he can figure out how to post it.

I are to stoopid to do it.

• moto_madman

Posted July 14, 2002 - 06:17 AM

We told you to do that in the first place :)

i cant wait to see this :D

• h_bomb

Posted July 14, 2002 - 06:54 AM

I cased on a 160ft triple at cal city it was three mounds in the middle of the desert 3 feet short just bent my bars.then I cleared it a month later.The mounds were 20feet high.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • sirthumpalot

Posted July 14, 2002 - 06:54 AM

I think that video will deserve it's own thread so we all don't miss it. :)

• therapture

Posted July 14, 2002 - 09:31 PM

Originally posted by Vanilla Gorilla:
oh really? what was that? your an old fag who cant ride?

Got ya...anytime I can make an adult (are you) resort to silly name calling and insults, I know I have hit a nerve...

• John_Lorenz

Posted July 14, 2002 - 12:46 PM

Beezer send it through PM or send a PM I will respond with a email you can send it to

The Biggist Case landing,

It was on the way out of 7-11 I ran right into the door as some one opened it, I dropped and shattered a case of Bud long necks, pluss breaking my nose again.

Man that pissed me off. :)

Dropping the Case not breaking me nose that happens all the time

[ July 14, 2002: Message edited by: E.G.O.**** ]

• Vanilla_Gorilla

Posted July 14, 2002 - 01:24 PM

who started the insults rapture? i believe it was you if you read the post! and no im not an adult, just 17, but that doesnt mean i cant beat the living hell outta you at MX!

• needsprayer

Posted July 14, 2002 - 02:09 PM

Vanilla Gorilla
"no im not an adult, just 17"

Therapture poked a little fun at you and you responded in a temper tantrum with foul language.

Have you ever thought about how you want to act as a mature adult?

• DethWshBkr

Posted July 14, 2002 - 05:05 PM

HOLY NUTS MOTOMAN!! THAT jump looks like a freaking blast and a half!!! WHy can't we have something like that here?!!!!!!
Ours would have the second and third step at about a 45-50 degree angle, with a SHARP elevation change. :)

• motoman393

Posted July 14, 2002 - 05:41 PM

LOL Yeah it is a big jump. I will take some better video next weekend, where you can hear the engine just pinned WFO. Later,

• therapture

Posted July 14, 2002 - 05:56 PM

Originally posted by Vanilla Gorilla:
who started the insults rapture? i believe it was you if you read the post! and no im not an adult, just 17, but that doesnt mean i cant beat the living hell outta you at MX!

You continously prove your immaturity by replying back with insults, flames, and bad language. I seen your pics on your site, you look slow, sorry, but your riding style shows it. Maybe you aren't, but that's not the point. Also the derogatory and insulting "mutha f####" link you have on your site is pretty lame, and your site leaves a lot to be desired as well as far as content, and most of the links are broken. My original reply to you was not insulting, and I don't think anyone here will think it was. You also sent me a private message calling me a "B * T C H". How mature is that?

And besides..I really do doubt that you could beat me in MX...I truly think I have nothing to worry about, judging by your "track history" on this board, so to speak :D Your racist comments in other threads leaves a bit to be desired, as do your manners. Calling me an "old fag" is also a you speak from experience with old fags? :)

[ July 14, 2002: Message edited by: therapture ]

• thumper4life

Posted July 14, 2002 - 06:23 PM

death wish,

i know what you mean man, all the jumps around here at our MX tracks are all peaked double and the such, i want some rolling jumps and landings! even our table tops are only like 25 feet long but about 60 degrees straight up it seems like :)

• John_Lorenz

Posted July 15, 2002 - 02:48 AM

cpmpress it for DSL, those that are 56k they can wait :) any news on the 450 yet ?

Nilla G
That was not an insult, you owe therapture an appology, plus "KID" Its bad form, if you want to earn some respect and be takin serious, back off on the hate language.

[ July 15, 2002: Message edited by: E.G.O.**** ]

Related Content

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.