Zip Tye Fuel screw probs.

5 replies to this topic
  • flogger

Posted June 24, 2004 - 03:41 AM

Installed the zip tye fuel screw last night and have some issues. This is on a YZ 400. When screw is installed it hits the bottom of the carb beside the bowl drain screw before it is seated. It is not hitting the drain screw but the bottom of the carb. Unless by some miracle it seats exactly when it touches carb, I have no idea where I am starting from. I did this late last night and have not tried to start the bike. Has anyone else had this problem???

• Bobby_Holeshot

Posted June 24, 2004 - 07:10 AM

There are two styles of Fuel screws that are available from Zip Ty. You probably have the screw for the newer style FCR carb. Check out ZIP TY Racings web site for pics of the two different screws.

• flogger

Posted June 24, 2004 - 08:07 AM

Hey holeshot, Do you have a link for zip ty I tried but it didn't work. I called motosport outlet where I bought it from and they are only showing one screw for all models???

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • flogger

Posted June 24, 2004 - 08:23 AM

You are exactly right. I called white Bros. who distributes this part and they initially told me there was only one but after checking a little deeper the one sent to me will not fit the YZ 400. Thanks and sh#t I blew 2 hrs last night and now have to do it again to replace with the stock needle. And they also gave me the Zipty link.
Flog :thumbsup:

• Bobby_Holeshot

Posted June 25, 2004 - 06:01 AM

Sorry about the lost sleep time but the right screw will be worth the wait. :thumbsup:

• Fastest1

Posted June 25, 2004 - 12:16 PM

Not to rag on you, but this time it should only take about an hour or less. Just pull the carb from the boots, dont disconnect the cables or anything but the fuel line and TPS.

Related Content

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.