wheel bearing tip!

4 replies to this topic
  • gal

Posted July 13, 2002 - 04:15 AM

i change the front tire today and noticed that the bearings r stuck, i took them out and replaced them with a closed bearing. its a bearing with grease in it and its closed with a rubber from both sides.instead of 6904 its 6904vvcm. i think it will stay longer than the stock ones....
consider it when u replace yours - be aware that this kind of bearings r not for use inside oil - line in the gear or engine , but only in a places like the wheels etc.

• wrooster

Posted July 13, 2002 - 04:44 PM

hey gang,
is there a commercial bearing supply house that sells these types of wheel bearings (sealed or otherwise) via the 'net? i can't help but think that the prices MUST be better than at my local stealer, er i mean dealer.

thanksm
jim aka the wrooster

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Scott_F

Posted July 13, 2002 - 05:37 PM

Bearings are easy to find. Just look in the phone book under bearings, or ask around. Take the bearing to the supplier, or just read the numbers on the bearing and call around for prices.

• MN_Kevin

Posted July 13, 2002 - 09:06 PM

A bearing supply store will be much cheaper w/ far superior quality. And yes, you will find SEALED bearings there.

• Florida_426

Posted July 14, 2002 - 04:32 AM

Check for a Motion Industries store or if you can use a business purchase a Grainger store. Both are national businesses. I believe both may have websites,also. They carry or can readily get most bearings from high quality manufacturers for a fraction of a motorcycle manufacturer's or dealer's price. The bearings in your bike came from a big manufacturer, probably in Japan or China. very high quality U.S. made or even european bearings are readily available and you just need the number off of your stock bearing. The general contractor I work for uses bearing houses all the time rather than pay a repair or parts level price for the bearings. Most bearing houses can get you a catalog with tables for all the bearings in use. Just look in the phone book or call a machinist shop in your area :) .
Regards,
Bill Barnard

Sorry Gal I did not look at your location. There should be a bearing supply house in Isreal. Just ask a machine shop or someone doine heavy equipment maintenance.

[ July 15, 2002: Message edited by: Florida 426 ]

Related Content

Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.