wr 450 lowering link ?

3 replies to this topic
  • 450high

Posted June 23, 2004 - 08:18 PM

There was talk some time ago about a lowering link being made for the 450.I believe it may have been by zip tie.Has any one seen one of these and how do they work?.If so could you post a link to the site.
Thanks dave.

• dirtboxboy

Posted June 24, 2004 - 04:05 AM

I know ballards(www.ballards.cc) carry lowering links. Although I can't find any info about the links on the website, I'm looking at their catalogue right now and can see the lowering link on page 17 of the catalogue.

Here's a description.

Lowering Links
Made by Devol in the USA. The links lowers the seat height for a lower center of gravity and easier mounting/dismounting.

Have to call them for a price on a link for the WR but I'm sure they can help you out. Avg price seems to be around $130-40 and seems to lower the seat by around 30-40mm

Here's the number for ballards: 02 4731 1210

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • yamaharichey

Posted June 24, 2004 - 07:24 AM

I called Mitch at Zip Ty Racing, he says they are still working on it but he doesn't know what progress they're making. If any of you get more info on the Devol links let us know.

• 450high

Posted June 26, 2004 - 10:24 PM

Thanks i just looked in the ballards book and see it there.I shall contact them and post my results.
Thanks dave

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.